— Join us in Middleburg this year for special Dickens-themed events, including carriage rides, decorated storefronts, street performers, carolers, hot chocolate, hounds around town, Christmas tree displays and more!
- Carriage Rides from The Pink Box Visitors Center: Dec. 4, 10 & 11, 17 &18, 24
- Decorated Storefronts: Businesses will be decorating their windows with Dickens-inspired displays. There will be a prize for the best-dressed window.
- Street Performers: Actors dressed in period costumes will be seen around town, talking to visitors, taking photos and handing out candy canes.
- Hot Chocolate: Free hot chocolate at Scruffy’s Ice Cream Parlor!
- Hounds Around Town: Middleburg Hunt’s hounds love to come to town for a visit … a child-friendly meet & greet! Take a break from shopping to pet these friendly and snuggly canines. You may receive slobbery hound kisses!
- Visit the Town’s Christmas Tree and Menorah at the Pink Box Visitor’s Center
- Middleburg Moment Photo Op Sites: No visit to the Victorian Era would be complete without a few photos to take home! Look for photo stations around town.
Calling all naughty & nice canines to strut their holiday spirit in the second annual Dickens of a Dog Show. Dogs will assemble at the National Sporting Library & Museum and then parade down Washington Street to the judging area where Santa Dog will be sniffing butts and handing out treats!
Registration Opens at 11:30 a.m.
Registration Fee $10
Prizes and Barking Rights will be awarded to the dog with the:
• Best Holiday Costume
• Best Costume with Middleburg Theme
• Best-Dressed Human
• A $50 Shop Middleburg Gift Certificate from the Middleburg Business & Professional Association
• A custom dog collar with brass plate from Journeymen
• And more!
Proceeds will benefit the Middleburg Humane Foundation.
Only well-behaved dogs and owners, please.
Dogs must be on a leash at all times.
Theater, dancing, demonstrations, singing, markets, plus food and drink…join the merchants of Madison St. and their guests for a lively holiday experience!
10 a.m- 4 p.m. Christmas Stalls Open
A Christmas Carol
S. Madison Street
Noon and 2:00 p.m.
Have a Dickens of a Christmas in Middleburg presents two performances of A Christmas Carol (run time 30-40 minutes). Journey back to 19th century London where the Ghosts of Christmas are paying a visit to Ebenezer Scrooge. The play comes to life with interaction from the audience and performances by local favorites (Hunt Lyman returns as Ebenezer Scrooge), as well as several New York actors. A Christmas Carol like you have never experienced before. Don’t be a Humbug! Be there!
Directed by: Erin Coulter
Performed outdoors on S. Madison St. Free admission.
A Dickens celebration wouldn’t be complete without the fun of a Fezziwig ball. The Shenandoah Valley Civil War Era Dancers will perform dances from the Victorian era and invite you to participate. Dancers will demonstrate the dance and slowly walk participants through the steps. When the music starts, you’ll be ready to dance! As Fezziwig would say, “Hilli-ho!”