Happy Mother’s Day in Middleburg
— Whether you’re looking to share a good meal, enjoy a glass of fine wine or just get away from it all, Middleburg is the perfect destination for Mother’s Day. Here we round up some of our favorite picks for ways to celebrate Mother’s Day in Middleburg!
Brunch in the ‘Burg
- Let your mother know how much she means to you! Join Goodstone Inn & Restaurant on Sunday, May 12, from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. for a beautiful brunch buffet featuring made-to-order omelets, a waffle station and a raw bar. Space is limited, so call 540-687-3333 today to reserve your table!
- Celebrate Mother’s Day at Gentle Harvest starting with an affordable, healthy brunch complete with a flower and mimosa for mom. Choose from their curated selection of entrées that are sure to please! $12.99 for adults and $6.99 for kids. After brunch, capture the day with a fun family photo opp with an Ayrshire Farm Shire Horse. They will also have free ice cream for the kids!
- Take a little jaunt to Upperville for brunch at Hunter’s Head Tavern. For $30, you’ll get your choice of a brunch menu item, dessert and a strawberry banana mimosa. Or, for $36, treat mom to an entrée featuring roast half chicken or salmon, dessert and a strawberry banana mimosa. The tavern will be open from 10 a.m.-9:30 p.m. Call 540-592-9020 for more info or reservations.
- You can enjoy a three-course brunch at the historic Red Fox Inn & Tavern from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. on Mother’s Day. Menu items include Virginia peanut soup, shrimp cocktail, smoked duck hash, crab cake, New York style cheesecake, dark chocolate torte and more. The inn is a must-see Virginia landmark offering hearty meals in a historic tavern setting. The brunch is $65 per person, $32 for children under 10 (not including taxes, gratuity and beverages). Reserve your table online or call the front desk at 540-687-6301.
- Treat mom to a delectable Mother’s Day brunch buffet at Salamander Resort & Spa. While enjoying the perfect country setting, you can choose from an extensive omelet bar, interactive pasta cooking station, elaborate seafood tower, indulgent steak carving, bottomless mimosas and much more. A special children’s buffet and dessert display will also be available. The brunch runs from 9 a.m-4 p.m. and costs $98 per person or $45 per child. Reservations required; please call 540-326-4070.
- Enjoy a Mother’s Day brunch at Side Saddle Cafe. Menu items include an omelet station, carving station including leg of lamb and sugar-cured ham, eggs Benedict, banana pancakes, blueberry pancakes, bacon, sausage medley with onions and peppers, wild sockeye salmon and hot dogs. Plus, enjoy desserts including lemon curd, a fruit and crumble parfait, lemon tart, an ice cream bar, and Grandma’s Berry Drizzle. $35 per person including mimosas! Kids 11 and under: $12. Seating times: 9 a.m., 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. Seating is limited and reservations are rquired (reservations not upheld are subject to a non-refundable table deposit). Call 540-326-8177 or 703-300-5765 today to reserve your table!
A Special Dinner
- Treat mom to family-style dinner for a delectable Mother’s Day in Salamander’s signature restaurant, Harrimans Virginia Piedmont Grill. While enjoying the perfect country setting, indulge in seasonal fare, delicious treats, artisan cocktails and much more. $92 per person, $45 per child. Reservations required. For dining reservations, please call 540-326-4070. Seatings from 3-8 p.m. Prices do not include tax and gratuity.
- Treat mom to a very special Mother’s Day at Girasole! Chef Patierno will feature the dinner menu with seasonal specials such as lobster risotto, Taleggio ravioli with aged balsamic from Modena and morels, or a salad of roasted beets with pistachios. Girasole’s pastas are all made in-house and ingredients are from local purveyors, where possible. Reservations are available from noon until 8 p.m. and are guaranteed for indoor dining. Seating on their lovely patio is weather-dependent and they will honor as many requests for outdoor dining as space allows. Make your reservation early and let them know if you’d like to be placed on a list for potential outdoor seating. Reservations may be made by calling 540-253-5501.
A Weekend Getaway
If you’re headed to Middleburg for Mother’s Day, try making a weekend of it. Whether you’re looking for a luxury resort, charming country inn or a peaceful bed and breakfast, you’ll find a place to rest here. Our picks:
- Goodstone Inn & Restaurant, which has been called one of the most excellent inns in North America by Condé Nast Johansens;
- Salamander Resort & Spa, which has received the industry’s highest honor, making it the first Forbes Five-Star destination resort in the Washington, D.C., region;
- Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast Inn, a historic farm (circa 1805) on 47 rolling acres with majestic mountain views located just outside the town of Middleburg; and
- The Red Fox Inn & Tavern, a must-see Virginia landmark established in 1728 located right in the heart of town.
Middleburg’s Wine Country
- Boxwood Winery features blended Bordeaux-style wines, under the direction of internationally acclaimed winemaker Stephane Derenoncourt. On Mother’s Day, every mom receives a flower during her visit! You can also enjoy a special featuring chocolate-covered strawberries from Kingsbury Chocolates and a bottle of sauvignon blanc for $30.The winery is open Friday-Sunday from 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Celebrate your mom by treating her to a mimosa bar at the Greenhill Winery & Vienyards tasting room! On Sunday from noon-6 p.m., they will be hosting a “Momosa” bar. Purchase your choice of mimosa (2016 Blanc de Blancs or Reserve Blanc de Blancs), mix it with your choice of juice (mango, blueberry or orange), and add your choice of garnish from an assortment of berries. Please remember that Greenhill is a 21 & over vineyard. No one under the age of 21, including infants and children, will permitted on the grounds. Greenhill will also be offering complimentary carriage rides on Sunday from 2-5 p.m. Rides are first-come, first-served and seat up to 3 persons. D.C.-based singer/songwriter Jason Masi will also be performing from 2-5 p.m.
- Bring mom out for a beautiful picnic at Three Fox Vineyards. All mothers enjoy special discounts, and they’ll be awarding prizes for the most elegant picnic. On Saturday, enjoy live music by Movin’ On from 1:30-4:30 p.m. On Sunday, the Towers Blues Band will be performing from 1-4 p.m.
Treat mom to a day of relaxation at the spa at Salamander Resort. She’ll glide from the whirlpool to a massage to a steam shower and more. Indulge her with a blissfully restorative facial, deeply rejuvenating signature massage or hot stone treatment.
The 23,000-square-foot spa and wellness center features an infinity-edge spa pool with poolside cabanas, as well as a full-service salon featuring hair, make-up, manicure and pedicure stations.
To thank mom for all she does, treat her to a spa-day on May 11 or 12 and the resort will treat her to a complimentary glass of prosecco as well as a special gift to take home. Reservations required; please call 540-326-4055.
Buy Something Memorable
Having trouble finding just the right gift for your mom? You’ll find many great gift ideas at Middleburg’s boutiques. If she’s into designer clothes and accessories, try Duchessa, Lou Lou, or The Fun Shop. Or pick out something special at Mystique Jewelers. For something for the house, try Crème de la Crème, Les Jardins de Bagatelle, The Fun Shop or The Shaggy Ram. Just outside of town, you’ll find Tri-County Feeds, Fashions, Finds, one of hunt country’s most eclectic and unique shopping experiences.
Take a Class Together at Salamander Resort & Spa
- Enjoy an afternoon together learning how to make a classic afternoon tea at Salamander Resort! In this hands-on class on Saturday, May 11, at 2 p.m. with guest chef Dinah Corley you will create the classic afternoon tea experience including finger sandwiches with curried chicken, smoked salmon and cucumber, and buttermilk pound cake. Chef Corley is a food writer, teacher and restaurant consultant who has studied under both Julia Child and James Beard. Reservations required; please call 540-326-4070. $79 per person, not including tax and gratuity.
- Getaway for the day with a mother and daughter day out! Enjoy a 90-minute yoga class on May 11 at 2 p.m., followed by afternoon tea with delicious pastries. Reservations required; please call 540-326-4060. $45 per person, not including tax and gratuity.
- Enjoy an exciting class guided by a ballroom expert for a lesson on various styles of ballroom dancing on May 11 at 5:30 p.m. Learn all the right steps and spend the evening having a “ball.” $30 per couple. For reservations, please call 540-326-4060.
Be sure to share your Mother’s Day fun with us using #MiddleburgMoment