—There is a lot to love this February, so fight off the winter blues in Middleburg! From romantic Valantine’s Day celebrations to new museum exhibits and film screenings, we have something for everyone.
The Middleburg Winter Weekend Sale returns for the entirety of Presidents Day Weekend, so be sure to pop ’round to see what deals our outstanding merchants have in store!
Middleburg’s Winter Weekend Sale February 17-20
Join the Town of Middleburg on February 17, 18, 19 and 20 for the 12th annual Winter Weekend Sale. During the Winter Weekend Sale, visitors will be able to hunt for wonderful gifts for themselves and others while experiencing the small-town charm of Middleburg.
The sale, sponsored by the Town of Middleburg and the Middleburg Business & Professional Association, will be held Friday and Saturday from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. and Sunday – Monday as posted by shops.
Participating merchants will have white and blue balloons indicating they have deals for you in store!
Endurance: Secretariat’s Triple Crown at 50 Exhibit at NSLM
2023 marks the 50th anniversary of Virginia’s most famous racehorse, Secretariat, winning the Triple Crown (1973). This feat had not been achieved since Citation in 1948. Secretariat’s triumph captivated America, and its memory has become even more pronounced with time. Those who were witness to the Thoroughbred’s victory set out to document this historic event in print, photo, and paint.
Drawing from the National Sporting Library & Museum’s singular holdings, this January 2023 will see the Library’s Forrest E. Mars, Sr. Exhibit Hall transformed into a celebration of the endurance of this sports hero’s story.
Black History Month Wine Dinners at Market Salamander
In honor of Black History Month, Market Salamander is proud to present the second annual Black History Month Wine Pairing Dinner. Chef Pete Smith has collaborated with Kindra Dionne of The Fifty Leven Collection to curate a locally-source menu paired harmoniously with Fifty Leven wines.
The delicious Southern-inspired menu features dishes like shrimp & grits, blackened lamb chop with collard greens, Southern fried chicken and more.
February 24-26, 2023. Reservations required. Please call 540-687-9726.
Thoughts on Foxhunting and Other Films at Middleburg Community Center
The Friends of Emmanuel Episcopal Church, Delaplane, and Folkstreams.net will celebrate the golden anniversary of the film, Thoughts on Foxhunting with a special showing on Saturday February 4, 2023 at 7 pm at the Middleburg Community Center.
The 1972 production by filmmakers Tom Davenport and Harrison O’Connor will be shown in a new 4K high-definition scan of the original 16mm film.
Valentine’s Day Celebrations in Middleburg
“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.”
– Charles M. Schultz
Treat your Valentine to a celebration of love in Middleburg! The weekend starts Friday, February 11 and finishes strong on Tuesday, February 14, 2023.
Special Valentine’s Day events for every taste and every budget will be held at Salamander Resort & Spa, Boxwood Estate Winery’s Cupid’s Cave, Goodstone Inn & Restaurant, Hunters Head Tavern and Lost Barrel Brewing.
VPHA Presents This Ol’ Country Girl: The Music of Patsy Cline Roller Skating Party
The Virginia Piedmont Heritage Area Association presents This Ol’ Country Girl: The Music of Patsy Cline on Saturday, February 11m 2023 at the Bush Tabernacle Skating Rink in Purcellville.
Middleburg’s own Blue Mountain Songbird, Bess Putnam and The Virginia Pickers Collective bring to life stories of Patsy’s past and sing her greatest hits.
Children 12 and under are free. Admission ncludes Desserts, Wine, Beer, & Non-Alcoholic Beverages.
- Community Yoga at Middleburg Community Center: Mondays | 9 a.m.
- Family Storytime at Middleburg Library: Mondays | 4:30 p.m.
- Lasley Center Ballet Classes at Middleburg Community Center: Tuesdays | 4:30 p.m.
- English Language Conversation Group at Middleburg Library: Tuesdays| 7 p.m.
- Tomba! at Middleburg Community Center: Thursdays | 8:30 a.m.
- Musical Storytime at Middleburg Library: Thursdays | 10:30 a.m.
- Happy Hour at Lost Barrel Brewing: Thursdays & Fridays| 4-6 p.m.
- Beer Bingo & Music Trivia at Lost Barrel Brewing: Alternating Thursdays| 6 p.m.
- All Ages Art at Middleburg Library: Saturdays | 2 p.m.
- “Winter Chill: Abstracts for the Quiet of Winter” at The Byrne Gallery: February 1-26
- AiM “Focal Point” Exhibit at The Artists in Middleburg Gallery: February 18- March 9
- Mystique Jewelers Buying Event: February 7-9 | 10 a.m.- 5 p.m.
- Badgley Mischka Bridal Trunk Show at the Middleburg Bride: February 9-20 | By Appointment Only
- Linked By Liv Pop-Up Event at Brick & Mortar: February 11 | 12- 4 p.m.
- Oak Spring Garden Foundation Planning Your Wildlife Garden: February 11 | 9 a.m.- 12 p.m.
- Young Voices Concert at Emmanuel Parish House: February 19| 3 p.m.
- Watercolor FUNdamentals Class at AiM Gallery: February 24 | 9 a.m.- 4 p.m.
- Oak Spring Garden Foundation Lecture on Artist John Gould: February 24 | 1-3 p.m.
- Land Trust of Virginia & Goose Creek Association Forum on Environmental Justice: February 24 | 5:30-6:30p.m.
- BINGO NIGHT at Middleburg Community Center | 6-9 p.m.
- “Be Green” STEM Challenge at Foxcroft School: February 25 | 8:30 a.m.- 5:30 p.m.
- Fox Tales Story Time with Middleburg Library at NSLM: February 25 | 10:30 a.m.
- Sunday Sketch at National Sporting Library & Museum: February 26| 2:30 p.m.
Did we miss something? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or DM us on social media to let us know!