Celebrate Father’s Day in Middleburg, Virginia
— Whether you’re looking to share a good meal, enjoy a glass of fine wine or just get away from it all, Middleburg is the perfect destination for Father’s Day. Here we round up some of our favorite picks for ways to celebrate Father’s Day in Middleburg!
Enjoy Some Friendly Competition
- Perfect for dad’s day, test your archery skills against his in a family-friendly competition at Salamander Resort & Spa on June 15 at 4 p.m. Competition includes quickest shot, most balloons popped and a variety of other skillful games. Teams of 2-4. $35 per person. For recreation reservations, please call 540-326-4060.
- Dad won’t be able to over-exaggerate the size of the fish he caught when you test his fishing skills in a Father’s Day fishing tournament at Salamander Resort. Prizes will be awarded for biggest fish, smallest fish and most fish caught! $10 per pole rental, if needed; live bait provided. For recreation reservations, please call 540-326-4060.
Middleburg’s Wine Country
If your dad enjoys good wine, a trip to Middleburg’s wine country is an excellent choice for Father’s Day. With more than 20 wineries in the Middleburg American Viticultural Area, you’re sure to find one that suits his tastes. Take him our to his favorite Middleburg winery for a tasting, enjoy a glass (or two) of wine together and remember to bring home a bottle, so you can remember the day.
- Boxwood Winery features blended Bordeaux-style wines, under the direction of internationally acclaimed winemaker Stephane Derenoncourt. Come celebrate Father’s Day at Boxwood Winery, and enjoy a food pairing with the Parallel Wine & Whiskey Bar food truck from 1-5 p.m.!
- Take a trip to Cana Vineyards & Winery of Middleburg! Located in the beautiful Loudoun County countryside, Cana is nestled between the historic towns of Aldie and Middleburg on John Mosby Highway. Cana’s tasting room sits on a picturesque hillside, giving visitors a comfortable place any time of year to enjoy Cana wines while taking in the beauty of the surrounding Bull Run and Blue Ridge mountains.
- Take dad out to Greenhill Winery & Vineyards. Greenhill is a boutique destination winery in Loudoun County, delivering quality wine with friendly and professional staff in a breathtaking Virginia wine country environment. Enjoy their wine, gather with friends, and make new acquaintances, in an authentic and earthy farm winery setting.
- Treat dad to a wonderful day at Three Fox Vineyards! All fathers enjoy special discounts! On Saturday, enjoy classic rock with the Movin’ On Band from 1:30-4:30 p.m., participated in the annual rubber duck race down Crooked Run starting at 2 p.m. and enjoy food from the Gentle Harvest food truck from noon-4 p.m. On Sunday, enjoy live music by Jimmy Lee from 1-4 p.m.
Buy Something Memorable
Having trouble finding just the right gift for your dad? You’ll find many great gift ideas at Middleburg’s boutiques. Go beyond the standard tie at Highcliffe Clothiers, Country Classics or Richard Allen Clothing. For something unique, try the Artists in Middleburg gallery, Crème de la Crème, The Fun Shop, The Shaggy Ram or Tri-County Feeds, Fashions, Finds, one of hunt country’s most eclectic and unique shopping experiences.
Take a Yoga Class Together
- Does your dad find need to bring his focus back to his yoga practice? Does he need to brush up on his alignment and learn different ways to modify his alignment in postures based on his body? Does he want to improve his endurance? If so, the Yoga Alignment 101 workshop at Salamander Resort & Spa is for him! This informative workshop with temple rubs and live music during Savasana. Cost: $35 per person. Held June 15 at 11 a.m. Reservations required; please call 540-326-4060.
- Appreciate the idyllic landscape at Salamander Resort during a one-hour, Zen Horse Yoga practice alongside their horses while they graze in the paddocks. This relaxing yoga class will combine breath, meditation and connection to nature as well as animals for an uplifting one-of-a-kind experience. Takes place June 16 at 8 a.m. $40 per person. Reservations required; please call 540-326-4060.
Treat Dad to a Special Meal
- Chef-owned and operated, Girasole is a fine-dining restaurant that uses only the freshest ingredients to create authentic, regional Italian menus. In the picturesque village of The Plains, Virginia, just minutes from Middleburg, you’ll experience exceptional service, a relaxing European atmosphere, and the highest quality food and wine.
- Set on a 265-acre estate in the heart of Middleburg’s wine and hunt country, Goodstone Inn & Restaurant features state-of-the-art, seasonally-inspired cuisine with a farm-to-table emphasis. The dining room menu offers French Country cuisine and showcases the freshest of vegetables, herbs, micro greens, eggs and lamb from the Farm at Goodstone as well as other local farms. Their wine cellar features a selection of 1,500 bottles from around the world.
- Inspired and staying true to the essence of our location in the Virginia Piedmont, Harrimans‘ menu highlights fresh, seasonal ingredients, captivating farm to table elements with their very own chef’s garden located just outside the restaurant. In a relaxed yet refined setting, guests will enjoy delicious breakfasts and mouth-watering dinners, while overlooking sweeping views of the Virginia countryside, resort stables and distant Bull Run Mountains range. The intimate and private dining room is designed with intricate details to accommodate any meeting or special occasion. Enjoy a special Butcher’s Block Brunch & Bubbles on June 15 from 9 a.m.-noon with a spread of breakfast favorites including fried chicken, a collection of waffles, house-baked biscuits, cast iron monkey bread, house-made chicken sausage, pickled vegetables, seasonal fruit, house-made parfait and more. Reservations required; please call 540-326-4070.
- Treat Dad to a true farm-to-table lunch or dinner featuring organic Ayrshire Farm burgers, heritage breed steaks, and local craft beer at Hunter’s Head Tavern.
- This Father’s Day, treat your dad to Market Salamander‘s gourmet market for breakfast or lunch and his meal is free. Market Salamander is a charismatic gourmet market located in the charming village of Middleburg, just steps away from Salamander Resort & Spa. Fathers must be accompanied by children for promotion.
- The Red Fox Inn & Tavern is a must-see Virginia landmark offering hearty meals in an historic tavern setting. Established in 1728, this historic fieldstone inn and tavern embodies the Piedmont’s cultural heritage and is inspired by four centuries of Virginia Hunt Country tradition.
Be sure to share your Father’s Day fun with us using #MiddleburgMoment