16 Things to Do in Middleburg this Weekend
— Check out our round-up of weekend events for Sept. 6-8, including an estate jewelry event at Mystique Jewelers, Concert on the Steps at the Middleburg Community Center, “An Evening with Gershwin” with internationally acclaimed virtuoso pianist Thomas Pandolfi, and more.
From antique to modern jewelry, experience intriguing beauty and the rich cultural past of lore while you explore European diamond and gemstone jewelry at Mystique Jewelers.
Come on out to the Middleburg Community Center front steps for a night of fun with live music by Bryan Fox & Friends, with light bites and beverages provided. Bring your friends and family for a community favorite!
This event is free and open to the public. For more information, contact 540-687-6373 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
One hundred privileged guests will enjoy a mesmerizing musical evening of George Gershwin piano classics and other favorites performed by internationally acclaimed virtuoso pianist Thomas Pandolfi during the Sept. 7 Gala benefit concert for the Middleburg Concert Foundation. Cocktails will be served at 6 p.m., followed by the concert at 7 p.m. and dinner catered by Savoir Fare.
Admission: $250 per person. Only 100 tickets will be sold to this event.
For more information, call 540-592-1660 or email email@example.com.
Curious about what happens behind the scenes during harvest? Well, now is your chance to experience first-hand with a vineyard tour, fruit and wine tasting! Get your tickets before they sell out! Get your tickets at boxwoodwinery.com.
Also this weekend
- “Deconstructed: The NSLM Sporting Screen” at the National Sporting Library & Museum: Through Sept. 15
- “NSLMology: the Science of Sporting Art” at the National Sporting Library & Museum: Through Sept. 15
- “Water, Water Everywhere” at The Artists in Middleburg: Through Sept. 22
- “Turning the New Leaf: Cyanotypes in the Modern Age” at The Byrne Gallery: Through Sept. 29
- Happy Hour at Zest: Sept. 6| 3-6 p.m.
- Music on the Terrace at the Red Fox Inn & Tavern: Sept. 6
- Middleburg Community Farmers Market: Sept. 7 | 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Happy Feet/Legends Children’s Fall Soccer League at the Middleburg Community Center: Sept. 7-Oct. 26
- Salsa Making 101 at Salamander Resort & Spa: Sept. 7 | 2-4 p.m.
- Movie Time Featuring “Zootopia” at the Middleburg Library: Sept. 7 | 2-5 p.m.
- Open Your Heart to Open Spaces Twilight Polo at Great Meadow: Sept. 7 | 5:30-10 p.m.
- Carriage Rides with Doc & Molly at Greenhill Winery & Vineyards: Sept. 8 | 2-5 p.m.
Using drawing, painting and collage, artist and educator Eric Scott guides participants in an activity that encourages self-expression, new ways of thinking and stress relief. Appropriate for all levels.
Middleburg Life has teamed up with Boxwood Estate Winery, Cana Vineyards and Winery of Middleburg, Chrysalis Vineyards, and Greenhill Winery & Vineyards in celebration of October’s Virginia Wine Month. Sip and sample along Route 50 for a chance to win a case of Virginia wine! Participate in the challenge Thursday, Sept. 12-Sunday, Sept. 15.
To participate, please follow the instructions below:
- RSVP on Eventbrite.
- Visit the wineries on the list.
- Check-in on Facebook at each winery.
- Tag each winery and add your location on Instagram.
- Once the above are completed, DM @middleburglife to let them know you’ve completed the challenge and to become eligible to win one of 3 prizes!
- 1st place: a mixed case, to include 2-3 bottles from each participating winery
- 2nd place: 6 bottles of wine
- 3rd place: 3 bottles of wine
- These prizes are valid ONLY with a purchase. (Winners must provide a receipt upon selection.) Winners will be chosen and notified on Monday, Sept. 16.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Red Fox Inn & Tavern is proud to present a farm-to-table wine dinner featuring seasonal cuisine by guest chef Michael Kozich of Bluewater Kitchen expertly paired with wines from Greenhill Winery & Vineyards.
Rutledge Farm invites riders to apply to ride in this unique two-day high performance dressage clinic with Olympic Medalist and US Dressage Technical Advisor/ Chef D’Equipe Debbie McDonald.
Riders will be notified of acceptance and be provided a passcode with which to submit full details & payment via Event Clinics. A waitlist will be maintained.
Cost is $900 for full clinic participation, including two private lessons. Auditors may purchase tickets at $40/ day or $65 for the duration.
Lessons will be 45-minute private sessions. Please ensure early arrival so that you are ready for your assigned lesson time.
Click here to register.
This event is fun for the whole family with pipes and drums, the parade of hounds, and more. Food and drink will be for sale at the event.
As the sole fundraising event for the National Sporting Library & Museum each year, the Polo Classic supports everything NSLM does. From exhibitions to educational programs to preservation of NSLM’s collections and more, your ticket purchase helps NSLM fulfill their mission: to preserve, promote and share the literature, art and culture of equestrian, angling and field sports.
For more info, visit nationalsporting.org or call 540-687-6542 ext. 35.
- Family Storytime at the Middleburg Library: Sept. 9 | 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- Maker Monday at the Middleburg Library: Sept. 9 |4-5 p.m.
- Adult Book Club: “Lilac Girls” at the Middleburg Library: Sept. 10 | 7-9 p.m.
- Library Lab at the Middleburg Library: Sept. 10 | 4-5 p.m.
- Yappy Hour at Salamander Resort & Spa: Sept. 10 | 5-7 p.m.
- Biz Buzz at Middleburg Baptist Church: Sept. 10 | 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Musical Storytime at the Middleburg Library: Sept. 11 | 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- Burgers & Brews at Gentle Harvest: Sept. 11 | Noon-7 p.m.
- Gallery Talk at the National Sporting Library & Museum: Sept. 11 | 2-2:30 p.m.
- Happy Hour at Zest: Sept. 13 | 3-6 p.m.
- Middleburg Community Farmers Market: Sept. 14 | 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Caturday Special Event at Loyal Companion: Sept. 14 | 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Middleburg Humane Foundation Adoption Event at Loyal Companion: Sept. 14 | Noon-3 p.m.
- Just Squash It! Class at Salamander Resort & Spa: Sept. 14 | 2-4 p.m.
- “Turning the New Leaf: Cyanotypes in the Modern Age” Artist Reception at The Byrne Gallery: Sept. 14 | 5-8 p.m.
- Grande Finale of Twilight Polo at Great Meadow: Sept. 14 | 5:30-10 p.m.
- Patriot of the Piedmont: John Marshall and Fauquier County at Oak Hill: Sept. 15 | 1-5 p.m.
- “Meatballs & Music” at The Hill School: Sept. 15 | 2-4 p.m.
- Live Music by Andrew O’Day at Greenhill Winery & Vineyards: Sept. 15 | 2-5 p.m.
Check out our calendar for more information about these and other upcoming events.