Weekend Guide for Middleburg, Virginia: Sept. 22-24
— Happy first day of fall! Start the season off right by joining us in Middleburg for a Moonlight Harvest Dance at Goodstone Inn & Restaurant! Also not to be missed this weekend: the 11th Annual Lucy Stomp at Three Fox Vineyards, the grand finale of Twilight Polo at Great Meadow and trunk shows at Highcliffe Clothiers and The Fun Shop.
Enter to win a $300 Nina McLemore gift certificate! Come see all of the gorgeous clothes and help support the Journey Through Hallowed Ground (15% of sales will be donated to the nonprofit group, which is dedicated to raising awareness of America’s heritage from Gettysburg to Monticello).
Highcliffe is hosting two not-to-be-missed trunk shows this weekend. On Friday, they’re featuring beautiful bridle hide leather goods from Ettinger. These will last a lifetime and make excellent gifts. Saturday is “Boots & Brews” at Highcliffe with Alden, makers of America’s finest shoes. Enjoy excellent values and a gift with purchase. Oh, and there will be local beer, too!
Goodstone Inn welcomes dancers of all skill levels for an evening beneath the stars! Stardust Ballroom Dance Studio, located in Berryville, Virginia, will be offering light instruction and beautiful music. Bring your friends, your dancing partner, or come solo to enjoy Goodstone’s lighted courtyard with cocktail tables and their indoor wooden dance floor in the upper level of the Carriage House.
As this is open to the public, they will be offering several packages for guests to enjoy:
- Moonlight Harvest Dance with heavy hors d’oeuvres and a complimentary glass of Sparkling Wine: $40 per person or $75 per couple
- Dining and Dancing Package: Enjoy a 3-course prix fixe dinner in Goodstone’s award-winning restaurant followed by the Moonlight Harvest Dance. $225 per couple. Taxes, gratuity, and alcohol not included, only the complimentary glass of sparkling.
- Deluxe Experience Package: Enjoy a 3-course prix fixe dinner in Goodstone’s award-winning restaurant followed by the Moonlight Harvest Dance, as well as room accommodations in Goodstone’s French Farm Cottage, Spring House or Dutch Cottage. Check-in is at 3 p.m. $550 per couple. Taxes, gratuity, and alcohol not included, only the complimentary glass of sparkling.
Click here to purchase tickets.
This is the original Northern Virginia Wine Country “stomp like Lucy” event. Registration for competitors is now closed, but you can still email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your team information to get on the waiting list. Plan to come out the day of the stomp and check in, letting them know you are on the waiting list. They will also have an extra barrel available for “stomping for fun.” This barrel will not be part of the competition but anyone who didn’t get a spot in the competitive stomp is welcome to jump in and stomp away!
And remember — they also have a Lucy/Ethel/Ricky/Fred look-alike costume contest if you feel like a less energetic competition! And Movin’ On will be playing live music from 1:30-4:30 p.m.
Enjoy the final evening of the 2017 Twilight Polo at Great Meadow on Saturday! They will have 3 polo matches, wine for sale from Greenhill Winery & Vineyards, and dancing in the pavilion after the matches!
Good Grubbin’ Food Truck will be on-site serving up delicious tex-mex quesidillas, nachos and more! Plus, you can pick a cake, frosting and topping for a build-your-own cupcake from Cakes By Shelby.
You can also help the Fauquier County Sheriff’s Office in supporting the Law Enforcement Torch Run for the Special Olympics by participating in “Cover the Cruiser.” For each donation, individuals will sign a Special Olympics Icon which will be taped to the cruiser. The goal is to have the cruiser covered by the end of the evening!
And don’t forget to bring your Tug O’Warriors! Halftime is dedicated to the epic Tug O’War and 2-lap race around the arena.
General admission is $25 through online presale. $30 per car full of friends and family at the gate.
Also this weekend
- Friday Night Flights at 50 West Vineyards: Sept. 22 | 1-8 p.m.
- Concert on the Lawn with Shawn Gamble at Greenhill Winery & Vineyards: Sept. 22 | 5-7 p.m.
- Middleburg Farmers Market: Sept. 23 | 8 a.m.-noon
- Coffee with the Curator at the National Sporting Library & Museum: Sept. 23 | 10-11:30 a.m.
- Build a Bento Box Cooking Class at Salamander Resort & Spa: Sept. 23 | 2-4 p.m.
- Vineyasa Yoga & Wine at Greenhill Winery & Vineyards: Sept. 24 | 10-11:30 a.m.
- Second Annual Lucy Fun Stomp at Three Fox Vineyards: Sept. 24
Enjoy a full weekend of events, music, food, great wine, and so much more, including the release of 50 West’s newest red wine – Ashby Gap Red – during the anniversary celebration! Plus, they’re offering half price tastings Friday through Sunday. Taste all 6 wines, including their newest release, Ashby’s Gap Red, at half the price.
The fun starts on Friday with a movie night! Cozy up on the lawn next to a fire pit and watch a special showing of “Bottle Shock” at 7:30 p.m. Middleburg’s Popcorn Monkey gourmet popcorns will be sold in the tasting room to enjoy during the movie and Middleburg’s Finest Chocolates will be on-site to sell s’more treats and other truffles.
On Saturday, Justin Trawick and the Common Good will be taking the stage from 3:30-6 p.m. Bring your lawn chairs and your dancing shoes – it’s going to be a rockin’ good time! And bring an appetite because Parallel Food Truck will be serving up decadent dishes for purchase from noon-6 p.m. 50 West will also be raffling off goodies like wine & cheese baskets, a cork purse, and 50 West Wine Maker for a Day tickets. No purchase necessary but you must be present to win!
On Sunday, you can enjoy a club member for a day pass and check out their members-only exclusive club house. If you absolutely love the club house (and we know you will!), then you can sign up for the 50 West Wine Club and receive your member discounts the same day!If you’re already a member, bring your friends and you’ll receive 50% off a bottle of wine when they sign up for the club. Plus, you can listen to live music by Gary Smallwood will be in the tasting room from 1:30–4:30 p.m. and purchase delicious Mediterranean dishes from Artemi Kitchen from noon-5 p.m.
- Live Music by Justin Trawick and the Common Good at 50 West: Sept. 29 | 3:30-6 p.m.
- Live Music by Richard Giersch at Three Fox Vineyards:
Sept. 30 | 1:30-4:30 p.m.
- Saturday Songwriter Concert at Middleburg Common Grounds: Sept. 30 | 4-7 p.m.
- Indochic Trunk Show at the Middleburg Community Center: Oct. 4 | 5-6 p.m.
- Slater Run Vineyards Open to Public: Oct. 7 & 8 | Noon-6 p.m.
- 5th Annual Sprout 5K/1K: Oct. 15 | 8-11 a.m.