9 Things to Do This Weekend in Middleburg, Virginia
— Our end-of-the-week picks for Nov. 9-11, including “Seussical Jr.” at The Hill School, a keto baking class at Gentle Harvest, the Windy Hill Foundation‘s “Studio 54” gala at Salamander Resort & Spa, and more.
Tom Sweitzer returns to The Hill School for the first time in 12 years as visiting director for this special production of “Seussical Jr.” Sweitzer, a certified music therapist and founder of the arts therapy nonprofit A Place To Be, served as head of the Hill’s Theater Department for 17 years. We can’t wait to see what Sweitzer and Hill’s 8th graders have in store for this family-friendly musical. You must see this show!
Living a low-carb lifestyle? You don’t have to choose between giving up your diet or giving up your favorite foods this holiday season! On Nov. 10, Chef Katie will be teaching a class on how to turn some of your favorite celebration foods into low carb, gluten-free substitutes that everyone can love. You will learn how to make pumpkin cheesecake, peppermint chocolate fat bombs, and even a loaf of bread! Chef Katie will discuss the use of different alternative sweeteners and flour substitutes so you can adapt your own favorite recipes into something you can feel good about. Class attendees will get to sample everything you make and will get to leave with recipes and a box of fat bombs.
Try your hand at watercolor painting as Kris Loya leads step-by-step instruction in this accessible, fun and gratifying workshop. Born in the Caribbean, Loya captures the lively, bright colors of the floral world in her watercolor creations. This program is free and open to the public; registration is not required. For Grades 9-adult.
“I Love the Nightlife Baby!” Studio 54 will once again be the place to be! Get ready to take a step back, dress the part, and dance the night away to such Studio 54 classic artists as The Pointer Sisters, Bee Gees, and The Village People! We look forward to seeing you and appreciate your support of Windy Hill Foundation and the many local residents!
Also this weekend:
- In the Wake of Antietam Bus Tour: Nov. 10 | 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Live Music at 50 West Vineyards: Nov. 10 & 11 | 1:30-4:30 p.m.
- American Roots Revival at Buchanan Hall: Nov. 11 | 5-7 p.m.
- 6-Course White Truffle Dinner at Girasole: Nov. 11 | 6 p.m.
- Armistice Day One Hundred Years Later at the Loudoun County Courthouse: Nov. 11 | 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
The Middleburg Community Center and Loudoun County Parks and Recreation partner to bring you Thanksgiving dinner! This event is free and open to the public. RSVP to 540-687-6373 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get a jump start on Thanksgiving and join 50 West for their Turkey Trio wine and dessert pairing. Add on a dessert pairing to your tasting or with the Turkey Trio flight and enjoy the following mini cheesecake pairing:
- Chardonnay with Apple Crisp Cheesecake
- Ashby Gap with Cranberry Cheesecake
- Aldie Heights Cuvee with Bourbon Pecan Cheesecake
Like the wine pairing? They’ll be selling their Turkey Trio 3-packs all weekend so you can serve them with your Thanksgiving dinner!
Get in the Thanksgiving mood with this all-levels yoga workshop. This workshop will incorporate breath work and meditation to learn how to stay in the present moment in order to find gratitude on the yoga mat and in our daily lives.
Buchanan Hall is pleased to invite you to an evening of chamber music performed by Piedmont Symphony Orchestra! Cocktails at 4 p.m. and music to begin at 5 p.m.
- Family Storytime at Middleburg Library: Nov. 12 | 11-11:30 a.m.
- Maker Monday at Middleburg Library: Nov. 12 | 4-4:30 p.m.
- Adult Book Club at Middleburg Library: Nov. 12 | 7-8 p.m.
- Musical Storytime at Middleburg Library: Nov. 14 | 11-11:30 a.m.
- Gallery Talk at the National Sporting Library & Museum: Nov. 14 | 2-2:30 p.m.
- Fox/Hound Field Hockey at Foxcroft School: Nov. 17 | 9 a.m.-3 p.m.