Weekend Guide for Middleburg, Virginia: Nov. 10-12
— It’s Veterans Day weekend! From all of us at Visit Middleburg, we would like to thank all those who have served and are currently serving our country! We appreciate your service! Many Middleburg wineries are offering special discounts to veterans this weekend as a way to say thank you. You’ll find more details about those discounts, as well as other fun activities you can enjoy this weekend, in our latest weekend roundup.
Veterans Day Discounts at Local Wineries
Many of our local wineries are offering special discounts for veterans and service members this weekend. Here’s a roundup of some of those deals:
- 50 West Vineyards: On Saturday, 50 West is opening up its clubhouse to veterans and military personnel, as well as offering half-price tastings and 15% off your purchase as a way to thank those who’ve served.
- Boxwood Winery: Veterans receive half price flights in all their locations this weekend.
- Greenhill Winery & Vineyards: As a thank you to all the men and women who have served and currently serve, all veterans and military receive 10% off bottle purchases Nov. 10-12 with show of military ID. On Saturday, you can also enjoy live music from Emily Rose from 2-5 p.m.
- Three Fox Vineyards: From Nov. 10-13, show your military ID, VFW or similar cards and get discounts in appreciation for what you do or have done for our freedom! On Saturday, enjoy live music by Movin’ On from 1:30-4:30 p.m.!
Don’t let the weather fool you! The “Concert on the Steps” will be in the ballroom due to the cold, so come cozy up with some hot apple cider, yummy treats, and amazing live music by Bryan Fox, Andre Fox, and Gary Smallwood. Don’t forget your canned food items to benefit Seven Loaves!
Join the Mosby Heritage Area Association for an elegant dinner party at a privately owned historic house. Dinners will be held at the following historic homes, all of which are near Middleburg, Aldie, Leesburg and Lincoln: Ardarra Farm, Oakland Green, Farhill Farm, Murray Hill, Narrow Gate, and Stoke.
All proceeds made from this dinner benefit the Mosby Heritage Area Association’s education programs held throughout the heritage area.
Attire for the dinners is cocktail attire. Tickets are $200 per person. Please call 540-687-6681 to reserve your spot today while tickets are still available.
Also this weekend
- Friday Night Flights at 50 West Vineyards: Nov. 10 | 1-8 p.m.
- Seasonal Pies Cooking Class at Salamander Resort & Spa: Nov. 11 | 2-4 p.m.
- Laughter Yoga Workshop at Salamander Resort & Spa: Nov. 12 | 10 a.m.
Join us for a talk and book signing with Judith Tabler, author of Foxhunting with Meadow Brook. $5 admission, free to NSLM members. Please RSVP to Anne Marie Barnes at email@example.com or 540-687-6542 ext. 25.
Loudoun County Parks, Recreation and Community Services is back in town for turkey! Join us for a free Thanksgiving dinner, provided by Loudoun PRCS and the Middleburg Community Center. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be the winemaker for the day! Do you think you have what it takes to make an award-winning wine? Attend 50 West’s most popular event, “Winemaker for a Day,” and learn from their expert winemaker, Corry Craighill. As an “apprentice” winemaker, you will have the first opportunity to taste the following premium wine lots that are destined for their best reds: the Reserve Cabernet Franc or Mosaic.
Love your blend? Corry will hand bottle your blend for you, in bottles or magnums! All bottles will have a special label that you can sign to personalize.
$32/bottle (minimum of 3 bottles)
$70/magnum (minimum of 2 magnums)
Club Members – Club discounts will apply on your purchase!
Purchase a case of your wine or six magnums and receive a 10% discount on your purchase.
Club Members – the 10% discount is in addition to your club discount.
Click here to purchase tickets for Nov. 19 from noon-2 p.m. The Nov. 17 event is already sold out, so don’t delay!
Stock up for your holiday parties! You will receive a 10% discount on a 2-pack or a 15% discount on a 3-pack of Three Fox’s Thibaut–Janisson Sparkling Chardonnay.
Hear tales of yesteryear as told through the archival collections of historic area organizations. Fascinating tales will be told by representatives of the National Sporting Library & Museum, the Clarke County Historical Association and the Thomas Balch Library. $5 admission, free to NSLM members, CCHA members and Friends of Thomas Balch Library. Please RSVP to Anne Marie Barnes at email@example.com or 540-687-6542 ext. 25.
- Biz Buzz at Middleburg Bank: Nov. 15 | 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Gallery Talk at the National Sporting Library & Museum: Nov. 15 | 2-2:30 p.m.
- New Art Unveiling Featuring Isabelle Truchon at Salamander Resort & Spa: Nov. 15 | 5-7 p.m.
- Coffee with the Curator at the National Sporting Library & Museum: Nov. 18 | 10-11:30 a.m.
- Fall Wreath Making at Salamander Resort & Spa: Nov. 18 | 3 p.m.
- Being Thankful Yoga Workshop at Salamander Resort & Spa: Nov. 18 | 11 a.m.
- Live Music at 50 West: Nov. 18 & 19 | 1:30-4:30 p.m.
- Get Your Turkey On Cooking Class at Salamander Resort & Spa: Nov. 18 | 2-4 p.m.