19 Things to Do in Middleburg This Weekend
— Check out our picks for May 24-26, including the opening of the Middleburg Community Center pool, Twilight Polo at Great Meadow, and a backyard BBQ at Salamander Resort.
The Middleburg Community Center pool opens Memorial Day Weekend! Join us for a fun time for the whole family and celebrate the beginning of summer!
The pool will remain open on weekends only through June 9. Through the remainder of the summer, the pool will be open 7 days a week from 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
Daily pool fees are $5 for each adult or child ages 5+. Children under age 5 are $2.50 each.
Join us for Twilight Polo at Great Meadow! They will have three polo matches and halftime games for kids and adults. The evening continues with dancing in the pavilion after the matches!
Arena polo is like hockey on horseback! It is fast paced and easy to watch, even if you’ve never seen polo before.
General admission seating is on their lush grass berm overlooking the Greenhill Stadium. Guests are encouraged to bring blankets and chairs to set up a comfortable seat for the game. There will be food and Blue Valley Vineyard and Winery wine available for purchase on-site. You are welcome to bring a picnic and drinks if you like.
Watch polo, drink wine, and dance the night away. Gates open at 5:30 p.m., the first match starts at 6 p.m. with dancing in the pavilion following the final feature match at 8 p.m.
Kick off the summer with Salamander’s backyard BBQ!
Enjoy their house-made hamburgers and bratwursts while playing lawn games and listening to live music.
$55 per person, $30 per child. Reservations required. For additional information, please call 540-326-4070.
Also this weekend
- “Il Fiore, The Flowers of Italy: Nature, Imagery and Symbolism” at The Byrne Gallery: Through June 30
- “Deconstructed: The NSLM Sporting Screen” at the National Sporting Library & Museum: Through Sept. 15
- “NSLMology: the Science of Sporting Art” at the National Sporting Library & Museum: Through Sept. 15
- Happy Hour at Zest: May 24 | 3-6 p.m.
- Pickle Ball Tournament at Salamander Resort & Spa: May 24 | 4-5:30 p.m.
- Middleburg Community Farmers Market: May 25 | 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Family Scavenger Hunt at Salamander Resort & Spa: May 25 | 10 a.m.-noon
- Shire Horse Photo Opp at Gentle Harvest: May 25 | 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Gentle Harvest Food Truck at Three Fox Vineyards: May 25 & 26 | Noon-4 p.m.
- Seasonal Flower Arranging with Wollam Gardens at Tri-County Feeds, Fashions, Finds: May 25 | 1-3 p.m.
- Memorial Day Picnics Class at Salamander Resort & Spa: May 25 | 2-4 p.m.
- Water Yoga Workshop at Salamander Resort & Spa: May 26 | 8-9 a.m.
- Live Music by Tower Blues Band at Three Fox Vineyards: May 26 | 1-4 p.m.
- Paint Nite Patriotic Butterfly at Three Fox Vineyards: May 26 | 2-4 p.m.
- Sounds of Salamander at Salamander Resort & Spa: May 26 | 4-7 p.m.
- Memorial Day 5K at Salamander Resort & Spa: May 27 | 8-11 a.m.
Enjoy competitive show jumping, craft beer and wine tasting, live entertainment on two stages, an antique auto exhibition, pony rides for the kids, and fantastic food from some of the best food trucks in the region! General admission currently just $5. Upgrades available for beer and wine tasting and a festival after-party.
- Teacher Tuesdays at Hunter’s Head Tavern: May 28 | 11 a.m.-9:30 p.m.
- Musical Storytime at the Middleburg Library: May 29 | 11 a.m.-noon
- Burgers & Brews at Gentle Harvest: May 29 | Noon-7 p.m.
- Gallery Talk at the National Sporting Library & Museum: May 29 | 2-2:30 p.m.
- Library Lab at Middleburg Library: May 29 | 4-5 p.m.
- “Kicking the Sugar Habit” at Middleburg Library: May 30 | 7-8 p.m.
- Happy Hour at Zest: May 31 | 3-6 p.m.
- “Open Late” Concert at the National Sporting Library & Museum: May 31 | 6-8 p.m.
- Middleburg Community Farmers Market: June 1| 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.