15 Things to Do in Middleburg This Weekend
— Check out our picks for May 17-19, including the opening of the “Canter & Crawl” exhibition at the National Sporting Library & Museum, “Concert on the Steps” at the Middleburg Community Center, Art in the Burg, the Land Trust of Virginia‘s Garden Party, and more.
Join the National Sporting Library & Museum to celebrate the opening of “Canter & Crawl: The Glass Sculpture of Joan Danziger,” a solo show of the DC-based, contemporary artist’s latest body of work. Stimulating the imagination, Danziger’s vibrant wire and glass-shard sculptures are inspired by the spirit of the horse and the jewel-like nature of insects. Featuring a reception and exhibition viewing from 6-7 p.m. and a lecture by artist Joan Danziger at 7 p.m.
$10 admission, free to NSLM members. RSVP to email@example.com or 540-687-6542 x4.
Join us for an evening filled with free fun, live music, food and beverages, and good company!
Join us for Middleburg’s annual spring celebration of the arts! Local and regional artists offering their artwork for sale with live music from the The Glimpses.
This year’s annual “Garden Party to Save Virginia’s Countryside” will be graciously hosted by Mimi Abel Smith at the stunning Hickory Tree Farm. This event is LTV’s major fundraising event of the year and includes a silent auction full of unusual gifts not found anyplace else. It is the region’s annual party not to be missed! The Garden Party will again feature a “wet paint” auction, “Painting for Preservation,” where artists will create individual and unique artworks from selected locations in the Hickory Tree Farm landscape. Party guests will be able to bid on these works of art during the party to secure their opportunity to take a canvas home.
Please join LTV for an afternoon celebrating efforts to conserve Virginia’s open space, natural resources, and cultural heritage. Purchase your tickets at landtrustva.org.
Seasonal Flower Arranging with Wollam Gardens at Tri-County Feeds, Fashions, Finds: May 25 | 1-3 p.m.
Join Tri-County for a workshop on Saturday, May 25, where Wollam Gardens will teach you how to use the blooms of late spring to create your very own large flower arrangement. With peonies, bachelor buttons, delphinium, euphorbia, stock, and sweet peas blooming, they will have all kinds of beautiful, local flowers for you to enjoy and create with. A Wollam Gardens floral designer will be there to teach and guide you through your flower arranging, and they’ll provide all the materials you need to create your own design. Join Wollam Gardens for the workshop to learn more about flowers, explore the world of floral design, or simply to try something new.
Each participant must purchase a ticket. Advance registration is required. Space is limited, so buy your tickets online today! Tickets are $55 per person.
Also this weekend
- “Il Fiore, The Flowers of Italy: Nature, Imagery and Symbolism” at The Byrne Gallery: Through June 30
- “Deconstructed: The NSLM Sporting Screen” at the National Sporting Library & Museum: Through Sept. 15
- “NSLMology: the Science of Sporting Art” at the National Sporting Library & Museum: Through Sept. 15
- Happy Hour at Zest: May 17 | 3-6 p.m.
- 7 Year Anniversary at Middleburg Common Grounds: May 17 | 4-6 p.m.
- Sharing Technology to Enrich the Piedmont Talk at Buchanan Hall: May 17 | 6-8 p.m.
- Middleburg Community Farmers Market: May 18 | 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Twilight Polo at Great Meadow: May 18 | 5:30-8:30 p.m.
- Baby Goat Yoga at Greenhill Winery & Vineyards: May 19 | 11 a.m. -noon
- Disco Fever at The Hill School: May 19 | 2-3 p.m.
Enjoy competitive show jumping, craft beer and wine tasting, live entertainment on two stages, an antique auto exhibition, pony rides for the kids, and fantastic food from some of the best food trucks in the region! General admission currently just $5. Upgrades available for beer and wine tasting and a festival after-party.
- Family Storytime at Middleburg Library: May 20 | 11 a.m.-noon
- Maker Monday at Middleburg Library: May 20 | 4-5 p.m.
- DIY Teens: Clothespin Picture Frames at Middleburg Library: May 20 | 7-8 p.m.
- Teacher Tuesdays at Hunter’s Head Tavern: May 21 | 11 a.m.-9:30 p.m.
- Musical Storytime at the Middleburg Library: May 22 | 11 a.m.-noon
- Grand Opening Celebration at Northwest Federal Credit Union: May 22 | 1-3 p.m.
- Gallery Talk at the National Sporting Library & Museum: May 22 | 2-2:30 p.m.
- Library Lab at Middleburg Library: May 22 | 4-5 p.m.
- Happy Hour at Zest: May 24 | 3-6 p.m.
- Middleburg Community Farmers Market: May 25 | 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
Remember to check our calendar for even more upcoming events!