13 Things to Do in Middleburg This Weekend
— Check out our picks for March 8-10, including the Visit Loudoun Wedding Open House, “Chalk ‘N’ Cheers” at Cana Vineyards, a talk on grains at Gentle Harvest, the opening of the “Haiku, Poem of Spring” exhibit at The Byrne Gallery, and more.
The Weddings in Loudoun Open House is a county-wide, self-guided tour that gives you a chance to visit wedding venues and meet with service professionals. The tour allows you to choose your stops and set your pace as you explore Loudoun’s countryside! Tour venues include Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast Inn, Goodstone Inn & Restaurant and The Red Fox Inn & Tavern. Be sure to see the wonderful floral arrangements by Nature Composed when you’re at Goodstone Inn!
Gentle Harvest founder Sandy Lerner will be hosting a free talk on grains, grasses and pseudo grains at their Marshall store. During the special event, enjoy samples of Locke’s Mill rye bread, whole wheat croissants and more! Open to all ages!
Come out to Cana for an afternoon of chalk art and wine! $35 includes a pallet board, silkscreen transfer, use of three chalk colors and a glass of wine.
The Byrne Gallery is proud to present “Haiku, Poem of Spring,” a celebration of the cherry blossom season featuring the woodblock prints of Tadashi Nakayama; original watercolors, silk screens and works on paper of Pang Tseng Ying; and vintage kimono and textile art from Japan from the collection of Susie Lipscher of Plum Blossom Kimono. There will be a reception on Saturday, March 16, from 5-8 p.m. The reception is open to the public.
Also this weekend
- International Women’s Day at Three Fox Vineyards: March 8
- Daylight Savings Weekend Sale at Three Fox Vineyards: March 8-10
- Loudoun Abused Women’s Shelter Yoga Fundraiser at Salamander Resort & Spa: March 9 | 11 a.m.
- Forever Gourmet Tasting at Gentle Harvest: March 9 | 1-3 p.m.
- Thomas Neel Book Signing at Middleburg Common Grounds: March 9 | 1-3 p.m.
- Live Music by Jimmy Lee at Three Fox Vineyards: March 9 | 1-4 p.m.
- Pasta Perfection Class at Salamander Resort & Spa: March 9 | 2-4 p.m.
- Ballroom Dance Class at Salamander Resort & Spa: March 9 | 5:30 p.m.
- Sidesaddle Drawing Class with Anthony Barham at the National Sporting Library & Museum: March 10 | 1-5 p.m.
Come and enjoy a delicious lunch, bingo, and live jazz music! Doors open at 11:30 a.m. Please RSVP by March 10 to 540-687-6373 or email@example.com. This event is free and open to the public.
The HEALth Fair celebrates Middleburg’s adoption of the National Healthy Eating and Active Living (HEAL) resolution and will be held in the Ballroom and Terrace Room of the Middleburg Community Center. Sign up to run the 5K here. The HEALth Fair will include a presentation on the power of music therapy by A Place to Be and a screening of the film “Styrofoam Mom” with a presentation and Q&A by its author and producer, Miriam Gennari. Vendors, please click here for information and an application to join this event.
- Family Storytime at Middleburg Library: March 11 | 11 a.m.-noon
- Happy Hour at Hunter’s Head Tavern: Monday-Thursday | 3-6 p.m.
- “The State of Loudoun’s Towns” at the Middleburg Community Center: March 13 | 8-10 a.m.
- Gallery Talk at the National Sporting Library & Museum: March 13 | 2-3 p.m.
- St. Patrick’s Day Weekend Sale at Three Fox Vineyards: March 15-17
- Camp Salamander Lucky Charms: March 16 | 9 a.m.
- Pot of Gold GPS Hunt at Salamander Resort & Spa: March 16 | 10 a.m.
- Yoga, Green Beer and Rock & Roll at Salamander Resort & Spa: March 16 | 11 a.m.
- Middleburg Humane Foundation Meet & Greet at Kriser’s Natural Pet: March 16 | Noon-3 p.m.
- St. Patrick’s Day Weekend at Market Salamander: March 16 & 17
- Irish Whiskey Weekend at Gold Cup Wine Bar: March 16 & 17
- Trellis Vertical Tasting at Boxwood Estate Winery: March 16 | 1 p.m.
- Homemade Truffles Class at Salamander Resort & Spa: March 16 | 2 p.m.
- Glass Fusing Class at Salamander Resort & Spa: March 16 | 3 p.m.
- Whiskey Pairing Dinner at Harrimans Virginia Piedmont Grill: March 16 | 6-9 p.m.
- Ultimate Irish Brunch Buffet at Harrimans Virginia Piedmont Grill: March 17 | 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Live Music by Jimmy Lee at Three Fox Vineyards: March 17 | 1-4 p.m.
- PaintNite! at Three Fox Vineyards: March 17 | 2-4 p.m.
- Italian Wine Tasting at Girasole: March 17 | 3-5 p.m.