15 Things to Do in Middleburg This Weekend
— Check out our picks for March 15-17, including a vertical wine tasting at Boxwood Estate Winery, a reception at The Byrne Gallery, a whiskey pairing dinner at Harrimans, and Irish Whiskey Weekend at Gold Cup Wine Bar.
Taste the progression and aging of Boxwood’s red blend, Trellis. Five different vintages from 2012-2016! Limited space remaining! Click here for tickets.
The Byrne Gallery presents “Haiku Poem of Spring: A Celebration of Cherry Blossom Season,” featuring woodblock prints by Tadashi Nakayama, watercolors and works on paper by Pang Tseng Ying and a plum blossom vintage kimono and textiles by Susie Lipscher. The exhibition runs through April 28. Please RSVP to 540-687-6986.
Join Harrimans for a special whiskey pairing dinner with select signature Harrimans dishes. Harrimans’ executive chef will be on-hand preparing and explaining how he creates the dishes while you enjoy each with Tullamore DEW, Bushmills Black Bush, and a Jameson flight of Jameson Original, Jameson Caskmates and Jameson Black Barrel. $89 per person. Reservations required; please call 540-326-4070. Prices do not include tax and gratuity.
Gold Cup is serving up a special menu all weekend long in honor of St. Patrick’s Day that will delight the Irish in all of us! Listen to an authentic Irish band each day starting at 2 p.m. while indulging in traditional Irish fare including corned beef and cabbage, bangers and mash, turkey reubens, and much more. Try their new whiskey menu and don’t forget the green beer! Take 25% off your Gold Cup food bill when you wear green on March 17!
Also this weekend
- St. Patrick’s Day Weekend Sale at Three Fox Vineyards: March 15-17
- Camp Salamander Lucky Charms: March 16 | 9 a.m.
- Pot of Gold GPS Hunt at Salamander Resort & Spa: March 16 | 10 a.m.
- Yoga, Green Beer and Rock & Roll at Salamander Resort & Spa: March 16 | 11 a.m.
- Middleburg Humane Foundation Meet & Greet at Kriser’s Natural Pet: March 16 | Noon-3 p.m.
- Homemade Truffles Class at Salamander Resort & Spa: March 16 | 2 p.m.
- Glass Fusing Class at Salamander Resort & Spa: March 16 | 3 p.m.
- Ultimate Irish Brunch Buffet at Harrimans Virginia Piedmont Grill: March 17 | 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Live Music by Jimmy Lee at Three Fox Vineyards: March 17 | 1-4 p.m.
- PaintNite! at Three Fox Vineyards: March 17 | 2-4 p.m.
- Italian Wine Tasting at Girasole: March 17 | 3-5 p.m.
On Sunday, March 24, the “At the Parish House” performance series of Middleburg’s Emmanuel Church will showcase the keyboard brilliance of pianist Brian Woods. He has emerged as a promising soloist and collaborator in the United States and abroad, and is currently studying with John O’Conor at Shenandoah Conservatory. Reservations are recommended but not required. A donation of $10 is suggested but not required; all are welcome. Call 540-687-6297 to reserve your seat!
The HEALth Fair celebrates Middleburg’s adoption of the National Healthy Eating and Active Living (HEAL) resolution and will be held in the Ballroom and Terrace Room of the Middleburg Community Center. Sign up to run the 5K here. The HEALth Fair will include a presentation on the power of music therapy by A Place to Be and a screening of the film “Styrofoam Mom” with a presentation and Q&A by its author and producer, Miriam Gennari. Vendors, please click here for information and an application to join this event.
- Family Storytime at Middleburg Library: March 18 | 11 a.m.-noon
- Happy Hour at Hunter’s Head Tavern: Monday-Thursday | 3-6 p.m.
- Maker Monday at Middleburg Library: March 18 | 4-5 p.m.
- Cooking Class & Dinner with Lydia Patierno at Girasole: March 19 | 6:30 p.m.
- Caning with Polymer Clay at the Middleburg Library: March 19 | 7-9 p.m.
- Gallery Talk at the National Sporting Library & Museum: March 20 | 2-3 p.m.
- Chair Yoga at the Middleburg Library: March 21 | 7-8 p.m.
- Barolo & Antipasti Reception with Chef Davide Palluda at Salamander Resort & Spa: March 22 | 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- John Marshall’s Richmond: A Bus Tour with the Mosby Heritage Area Association: March 23 | 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- A Place to Be’s “Abira and the Mountain” Free Matinee: March 23 | 2-3:30 p.m.
- Eight Course Tasting Menu with Chef Davide Palluda at Salamander Resort & Spa: March 23 | 7-10 p.m.
- Three Course Brunch with Chef Davide Palluda at Salamander Resort & Spa: March 24 | 11-1 p.m.