14 Things to Do in Middleburg This Weekend
— Check out our picks for June 7-9, including a pool party at the Middleburg Community Center, an outdoor movie at Salamander Resort & Spa, a European cheese tour at Greenhill Winery & Vineyards, a falconry demonstration at the National Sporting Library & Museum, and more.
Come celebrate the end of the school year as the Middleburg Community Center kicks off their Saffer Summer Series. This event is free and open to the public!
They will have a DJ, pizza dinner, Moo-Thru ice cream truck, bouncy house obstacles in the ballfields, and free pool entry!
- 4-5:30 p.m.: Pizza dinner in the picnic grounds
- 4-7 p.m.: Moo-Thru ice cream truck, bouncy house obstacles in the ball field and DJ
- 5-7 p.m.: Free pool entry (limited to 130 guests)
Grab your family, friends and a blanket for a movie under the stars this summer. Join us on Salamander’s Grand Lawn for “A Dog’s Way Home.” Movie starts at 8:30 p.m.
vLooking for a European summer vacation? Join certified cheese professional Katie Park on a special exploration of cheeses from France, Italy, Spain, Holland and the United Kingdom! The birthplace of so many great cheeses, Europe has much to offer to captivate your palate. Come enjoy this sensory whirlwind tour as we sample cheeses paired with your favorite Greenhill wine.
Tickets are $35 a person. Includes 5 cheese and wine pairings.
Hood & Talon: Falconry Through the Present Day at the National Sporting Library & Museum: June 8 | 1-3:30 p.m.
Learn more about the sport of hawking and meet birds of prey. Professional falconer Mike Dupuy will speak about hawking internationally, followed by a live demonstration on NSLM’s grounds!
- 1-2 p.m.: talk by falconer Mike Dupuy
- 2-2:30 p.m.: refreshments
- 2:30-3:30 p.m.: falconry demo by Mike Dupuy
$10 NSLM members, $20 non-members. Tickets available online or by calling 540-687-6542 x35.
Also this weekend
- “Il Fiore, The Flowers of Italy: Nature, Imagery and Symbolism” at The Byrne Gallery: Through June 30
- “Deconstructed: The NSLM Sporting Screen” at the National Sporting Library & Museum: Through Sept. 15
- “NSLMology: the Science of Sporting Art” at the National Sporting Library & Museum: Through Sept. 15
- Happy Hour at Zest: June 7 | 3-6 p.m.
- A Taste of Summer: Tapas and Wine Pairing Class at Gentle Harvest: June 7 | 6-8 p.m.
- Friday Tastings on the Terrace at The Red Fox Inn & Tavern: June 7 | 6-6:30 p.m.
- Middleburg Community Farmers Market: June 8 | 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Twilight Polo at Great Meadow: June 8 | 6 p.m.
- Water Yoga Workshop at Salamander Resort & Spa: June 9 | 8-9 a.m.
- Sounds of Salamander at Salamander Resort & Spa: June 9 | 4-7 p.m
It’s time for liftoff! Embark on a trip to space and explore the scientific and engineering challenges of getting to space, living and working in orbit, and safely return to Earth. Space may be limited. For all ages. For more information, please visit: https://bit.ly/2MrDyBh
- Family Storytime at the Middleburg Library: June 10 | 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- Maker Monday at the Middleburg Library: June 10 | 4-5 p.m.
- Adult Book Club at the Middleburg Library: June 10 | 7-8 p.m.
- Teacher Tuesdays at Hunter’s Head Tavern: June 11 | 11 a.m.-9:30 p.m.
- Biz Buzz at Goodstone Inn & Restaurant: June 11 | 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- $5 Burger Wednesday at Market Salamander: June 12 | 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Diary of a Worm with VA Master Gardeners at the Middleburg Library: June 12 | 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- Burgers & Brews at Gentle Harvest: June 12 | Noon-7 p.m.
- Gallery Talk at the National Sporting Library & Museum: June 12 | 2-2:30 p.m.
- Spring Chickadee PaintNite at Hunter’s Head Tavern: June 12 | 6-8 p.m.
- Children’s Science Center – Mini Labs at the Middleburg Library: June 14 | 3-4:30 p.m.
- Twilight Polo at Great Meadow: June 15 | 6 p.m.
Please check out our online calendar for even more upcoming events!