16 Things to Do in Middleburg This Weekend
— Check out our picks for June 28-30, including the Open Late concert at the National Sporting Library & Museum, an A Place to Be musical performance at The Hill School, and more.
Join us on NSLM’s lawn as we celebrate the 5th anniversary of their Open Late Summer Concert Series with the Chris Lawrence Band! Concert is free and open to the public, with the museum open late and free of charge, too.
Join A Place To Be for the culmination of their summer musical theater camp as they present “Holy Cow! An Udderly Amazing New Musical.” More than 40 campers will come together to showcase their work with music, dance and beautiful costumes and sets. Experience the magic of A Place To Be, support your community, and learn more about music therapy all while being entertained! Tickets are $10 at the door.
Performances at The Hill School in Middleburg: Friday, June 28, and Saturday, June 29, at 7 p.m. and Sunday, June 30, at 2 p.m.
Also this weekend
- “Il Fiore, The Flowers of Italy: Nature, Imagery and Symbolism” at The Byrne Gallery: Through June 30
- “Sunrise, Sunset: Landscapes from Dawn to Dusk” at The Artists in Middleburg: Through July 14
- “Deconstructed: The NSLM Sporting Screen” at the National Sporting Library & Museum: Through Sept. 15
- “NSLMology: the Science of Sporting Art” at the National Sporting Library & Museum: Through Sept. 15
- Happy Hour at Zest: June 28 | 3-6 p.m.
- Scenic Cinema at Salamander Resort & Spa: June 28 | 8:30 p.m.
- Middleburg Community Farmers Market: June 29 | 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Model Railroad Extravaganza at the Middleburg Library: June 29 | 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Live Music at Cana Vineyards & Winery of Middleburg: June 29 & 30 | 1-5 p.m.
- Twilight Polo at Great Meadow: June 29 | 6 p.m.
- Free Community Day at the National Sporting Library & Museum: June 30 | 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- The Fighting Berkeleys at Evergreen Country Club: June 30 | 1-5 p.m.
- Carriage Rides with Doc & Molly at Greenhill Winery & Vineyards: June 30 | 2-5 p.m.
- Sounds of Salamander at Salamander Resort & Spa: June 30 | 4-7 p.m
High-energy, Australia-themed show combining music, culture, science, comedy, character building and audience participation. The didgeridoo, usually a hollow tree trunk, has been played by Aboriginal Australians for at least 1,500 years and is known for its otherworldly sound. But DDU is more than music. It’s interactive, educational, motivational and highly entertaining. You’ll learn about Aussie culture, animals and more, all while moving to the pulsing rhythms of the didgeridoo! Space may be limited. For all ages.
Put on your patriotic best and join your friends and neighbors to celebrate the birthday of the United States!
There will be live music from 7-9 p.m. in the ball field, face painting and glow sticks galore, food and, of course, fireworks. The children’s parade will line up in the MCC gravel lot at 5:30 p.m. to be lead through town by Chief AJ.
Food will be provided by Good Grubbin’ food truck, Anitas Shaved Ice, The Ice Cream Lady, and a local favorite, The Middleburg Lions Club.
The Middleburg Community Center pool will also be open 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Stick around for a Yankee-doodle-dandy ol’ time!
The Byrne Gallery is proud to present “Endless Summer,” a celebration of summer at its best! This 6-week exhibition for the months of July and August features the newest paintings by Gerald Hennsey and Lida Matheson Stifel. The exhibit offers viewers a taste of the seaside as well as the countryside — both wonderful ways to experience the joy of blue skies and warm weather.
Gerald Hennesy’s powerful wave paintings and quiet dune scapes will make you long for the seaside while sunny landscapes with red barns and classic Virginia farmhouses will thrill you with the feeling of a perfect summer day! Lida Matheson Stifel’s sunflowers and flower-covered garden gates will bring you to a happy peaceful retreat from the bustle of the city.
Come join us for this lovely exhibition which will begin on July 5 and continue through Sunday, Aug. 18. A special reception for the artists on Friday, July 12, from 4-7 p.m. is open to the public and everyone is cordially invited to attend.
- Family Storytime at the Middleburg Library: July 1 | 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- Maker Monday at the Middleburg Library: July 1| 4-5 p.m.
- Teacher Tuesdays at Hunter’s Head Tavern: July 2 | 11 a.m.-9:30 p.m.
- Patriotic Color Run at Salamander Resort & Spa: July 3 | 8 a.m.
- Secret Garden Birds and Bees at the Middleburg Library: July 3 | 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- Burgers & Brews at Gentle Harvest: July 3 | Noon-7 p.m.
- Gallery Talk at the National Sporting Library & Museum: July 3 | 2-2:30 p.m.
- Patriotic GPS App Scavenger Hunt at Salamander Resort & Spa: July 4 | 10 a.m.
- Family Water Party at Salamander Resort & Spa: July 4 | 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Independence Day BBQ & Celebration at Salamander Resort & Spa: July 4 | 3-10 p.m.
- Wegmans Great Meadow 4th of July Celebration: July 4 | 4-10 p.m.
- 4th of July Beer Garden at Salamander Resort & Spa: July 4 | 5-9:30 p.m.
- VIP Independence Day Celebration at Salamander Resort & Spa: July 4 | 5-10 p.m.
- Summer Art Workshop at the National Sporting Library & Museum: July 5 | 10-11:30 a.m.
- Happy Hour at Zest: July 5 | 3-6 p.m.
- Scenic Cinema at Salamander Resort & Spa: July 5 | 8:30 p.m.
- Sunrise Bootcamp Saturday at Salamander Resort & Spa: July 6 | 6-7 a.m.
- Middleburg Community Farmers Market: July 6 | 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Butcher’s Block Brunch & Bubbles at Harrimans Virginia Piedmont Grill: July 6 | 9 a.m.-noon
- Ice Cream Basics at Gentle Harvest: July 6 | 1-2:30 p.m.
- Bubbles & Caviar Class at Salamander Resort & Spa: July 6 | 2-4 p.m.
- Twilight Polo at Great Meadow: July 6 | 6 p.m.
- Campfire Stories at Salamander Resort & Spa: July 6 | 8:30 p.m.
- Zen Horse Yoga at Salamander Resort & Spa: July 7 | 8-9 a.m.
- Bubbles & Buti Yoga Class at Salamander Resort & Spa: July 7 | 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- Sunday Sketch with Alice Porter at the National Sporting Library & Museum: July 7 | 2-4 p.m.
- Sounds of Salamander at Salamander Resort & Spa: July 7 | 4-7 p.m
Please check out our online calendar for even more upcoming events!