14 Things to Do in Middleburg This Weekend
— Check out our picks for June 21-23, including Twilight Jumpers at Great Meadow, Coffee with the Curator at the National Sporting Library & Museum, a water yoga workshop at Salamander Resort & Spa, and more.
Join us at Great Meadow for jumping under the lights, tailgating and D.J. dancing. $40 a carload or VIP boxes and tailgates available. Call 540-454-6673 to reserve your spot!
Enjoy an informal coffee reception and tour of NSLM’s permanent art collection. Coffee reception begins at 10 a.m., folowed by a tour with curator Claudia Pfeiffer at 10:30 a.m.
$5 admission, free to NSLM members. RSVP to email@example.com or 540-687-6542 x4.
Join Salamander’s aqua yoga class and learn how practicing yoga in the water can enhance your on-land yoga practice as well as how water can provide therapeutic muscle relief and mental relaxation. $45 per person. Reservations required; please call 540-326-4060.
Also this weekend
- “Il Fiore, The Flowers of Italy: Nature, Imagery and Symbolism” at The Byrne Gallery: Through June 30
- “Sunrise, Sunset: Landscapes from Dawn to Dusk” at The Artists in Middleburg: Through July 14
- “Deconstructed: The NSLM Sporting Screen” at the National Sporting Library & Museum: Through Sept. 15
- “NSLMology: the Science of Sporting Art” at the National Sporting Library & Museum: Through Sept. 15
- Happy Hour at Zest: June 21 | 3-6 p.m.
- Tastings on The Terrace with Greenhill Winery & Vineyards at The Red Fox Inn & Tavern: June 21 | 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Scenic Cinema at Salamander Resort & Spa: June 21 | 8:30 p.m.
- Middleburg Community Farmers Market: June 22 | 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Twilight Polo at Great Meadow: June 22 | 6 p.m.
- Yin Yoga Workshop: Restore, Relax, Renew at Salamander Resort & Spa: June 23 | 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Sounds of Salamander at Salamander Resort & Spa: June 23 | 4-7 p.m
Under the Sea with Marine Biologist Andrew Wilson at the Middleburg Library: June 25 | 10:30-11:30 a.m.
Learn about life in the ocean and meet some live animals including a clownfish, a brownbanded bamboo shark and a horseshoe crab. Space may be limited. For all ages. For more information, visit: https://bit.ly/2Kq5hjh
Event Clinics, InForm Fitness Leesburg and Reston, Equestribar, Equestrian Wellness, Greenheart Juice Shop, Beverly Equestrian and BarnWiz invite you to the kickoff to the Rider Wellness Series 2019!
Join fellow equestrians in the heart of horse country at the picturesque Greenhill Winery & Vineyards for an evening of community and yoga to improve your position in the saddle.
Equestrian sports require strength, athleticism, and the series will focus on ways to connect the body through movement to enhance athlete performance. Riders and yoga students of all levels are welcome.
Attendees are encouraged to bring a yoga mat or towel upon which to practice. This event will offer two classes of varying intensity, so you can choose the right class for you based on your needs.
Both classes will emphasize accessing, strengthening and limbering key muscle groups and fascial chains for riders. Classes will be followed by light refreshments.
- Get Started/Yoga Registration: $15 in advance, $20 at event
- Rider Wellness Series Pass (all 3 events): $55
Click here to register online.
Join us on NSLM’s lawn as we celebrate the 5th anniversary of their Open Late Summer Concert Series with the Chris Lawrence Band! Concert is free and open to the public, with the museum open late and free of charge, too.
Join A Place To Be for the culmination of their summer musical theater camp as they present “Holy Cow! An Udderly Amazing New Musical.” More than 40 campers will come together to showcase their work with music, dance and beautiful costumes and sets. Experience the magic of A Place To Be, support your community, and learn more about music therapy all while being entertained! Tickets are $10 at the door.
Performances at The Hill School in Middleburg: Friday, June 28, and Saturday, June 29, at 7 p.m. and Sunday, June 30, at 2 p.m.
- Foxcroft School Equestrian Camp: June 23-28
- Family Storytime at the Middleburg Library: June 24 | 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- Maker Monday at the Middleburg Library: June 24 | 4-5 p.m.
- Yappy Hour at Hunter’s Head Tavern: June 24 | 4-8 p.m.
- Teacher Tuesdays at Hunter’s Head Tavern: June 25 | 11 a.m.-9:30 p.m.
- $5 Burger Wednesday at Market Salamander: June 26 | 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Loudoun Therapeutic Riding with Gnomeo at the Middleburg Library: June 26 | 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- Burgers & Brews at Gentle Harvest: June 26 | Noon-7 p.m.
- Gallery Talk at the National Sporting Library & Museum: June 26 | 2-2:30 p.m.
- Spring Chickadee Paint Nite at Hunter’s Head Tavern: June 26 | 6-8 p.m.
- Great Decisions Discussion Group at the Middleburg Library: June 26 | 7-9 p.m.
- Middleburg Montessori School Open House: June 27 | 2-6 p.m.
- Middleburg Community Farmers Market: June 29 | 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Model Railroad Extravaganza at the Middleburg Library: June 29 | 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Live Music at Cana Vineyards & Winery of Middleburg: June 29 & 30 | 1-5 p.m.
- Twilight Polo at Great Meadow: June 29 | 6 p.m.
- Free Community Day at the National Sporting Library & Museum: June 30 | 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- The Fighting Berkeleys at Evergreen Country Club: June 30 | 1-5 p.m.
- Carriage Rides with Doc & Molly at Greenhill Winery & Vineyards: June 30 | 2-5 p.m.
- Sounds of Salamander at Salamander Resort & Spa: June 30 | 4-7 p.m
Please check out our online calendar for even more upcoming events!