21 Things to Do in Middleburg This Weekend
— Check out our picks for June 14-16, including an Asian brush painting workshop at The Artists in Middleburg, Concert on the Steps at the Middleburg Community Center, Butcher’s Block Brunch at Harrimans Virginia Piedmont Grill, a Father’s Day celebration at Boxwood Estate Winery, and more.
Open to all levels. Asian brush painting workshop with Jean Seelig. Students will be introduced to and learn how to use the unique instruments of brush painting, from the brown to white brushes; grinding of black ink; using thin rice paper. Multiple loading of the brush will be demonstrated and taught to achieve luscious blooms of spring flowers. Cost: $80, supplies provided. For more information and to register please visit AiM’s website.
Come on out to the MCC front steps for a night of fun with live music by the Bottle Shop, light bites by the Locke Store, and beverages by the Middleburg Lions Club. Bring your friends and family for a community favorite! This event is free and open to the public.
Join Harrimans for the biggest thing to hit your palate since the pancake!
Created for sharing, treat yourself to Harrimans’ new Butcher Block for Saturday brunch and enjoy a spread of breakfast favorites including fried chicken, a collection of waffles, house-baked biscuits, cast iron monkey bread, house-made chicken sausage, pickled vegetables, seasonal fruit, house-made parfait and more.
Also, bubbles are poured freely during your two-hour brunch extravaganza.
Reservations required; please call 540-326-4070. $38 per person.
Minimum of two people per order. Price does not include tax and gratuity.
Come celebrate Father’s Day at Boxwood Winery, and enjoy a food pairing with the Parallel Wine & Whiskey Bar food truck!
Also this weekend
- “Il Fiore, The Flowers of Italy: Nature, Imagery and Symbolism” at The Byrne Gallery: Through June 30
- “Deconstructed: The NSLM Sporting Screen” at the National Sporting Library & Museum: Through Sept. 15
- “NSLMology: the Science of Sporting Art” at the National Sporting Library & Museum: Through Sept. 15
- Happy Hour at Zest: June 14 | 3-6 p.m.
- Scenic Cinema at Salamander Resort & Spa: June 14 | 8:30 p.m.
- Fishing Tournament at Salamander Resort & Spa: June 15 | 8-10 a.m.
- Middleburg Community Farmers Market: June 15 | 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Yoga Alignment 101 Workshop at Salamander Resort & Spa: June 15 | 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Gentle Harvest Food Truck at Three Fox Vineyards: June 15 | Noon-4 p.m.
- Movin’ On Band at Three Fox Vineyards: June 15 | 1:30-4:30 p.m.
- Rubber Duck Race at Three Fox Vineyards: June 15 | 2 p.m.
- Family Archery Competition at Salamander Resort & Spa: June 15 | 4 p.m.
- Opening Reception for “Sunrise, Sunset: Landscapes from Dawn to Dusk” at The Artists in Middleburg: June 15 | 5-7 p.m.
- Twilight Polo at Great Meadow: June 15 | 6 p.m.
- Zen Horse Yoga at Salamander Resort & Spa: June 16 | 8 a.m.
- Live Music by Jimmy Lee at Three Fox Vineyards: June 16 | 1-4 p.m.
- Sounds of Salamander at Salamander Resort & Spa: June 16 | 4-7 p.m
Outer Space Science with Mad Science of Washington, D.C., at the Middleburg Library: June 18 | 10:30-11:30 a.m.
Learn about the physics of space travel, and experience some cool demonstrations to highlight life and technology associated with missions in space. Learn about the different elements and compounds found in outer space. Space may be limited. For all ages. For more information, visit: https://bit.ly/2WdPCps
- Family Storytime at the Middleburg Library: June 17 | 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- Maker Monday at the Middleburg Library: June 17 | 4-5 p.m.
- DIT Teens: Melted Crayon Art at the Middleburg Library: June 17 | 7-8 p.m.
- Teacher Tuesdays at Hunter’s Head Tavern: June 18 | 11 a.m.-9:30 p.m.
- $5 Burger Wednesday at Market Salamander: June 19 | 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Ray Legge’s Reptiles at the Middleburg Library: June 19 | 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- Burgers & Brews at Gentle Harvest: June 19 | Noon-7 p.m.
- Gallery Talk at the National Sporting Library & Museum: June 19 | 2-2:30 p.m.
- Twilight Polo at Great Meadow: June 22 | 6 p.m.
Please check out our online calendar for even more upcoming events!