18 Things to Do in Middleburg This Weekend
— Check out our picks for July 5-7, including a new exhibit at The Byrne Gallery, an ice cream making class at Gentle Harvest, and more.
The Byrne Gallery is proud to present “Endless Summer,” a celebration of summer at its best! This 6-week exhibition for the months of July and August features the newest paintings by Gerald Hennsey and Lida Matheson Stifel. The exhibit offers viewers a taste of the seaside as well as the countryside — both wonderful ways to experience the joy of blue skies and warm weather.
Gerald Hennesy’s powerful wave paintings and quiet dune scapes will make you long for the seaside while sunny landscapes with red barns and classic Virginia farmhouses will thrill you with the feeling of a perfect summer day! Lida Matheson Stifel’s sunflowers and flower-covered garden gates will bring you to a happy peaceful retreat from the bustle of the city.
Come join us for this lovely exhibition which will begin on July 5 and continue through Sunday, Aug. 18. A special reception for the artists on Friday, July 12, from 4-7 p.m. is open to the public and everyone is cordially invited to attend.
An introduction to the basics of making great ice cream from home using local and organic ingredients! Gentle Harvest Executive Pastry Chef Katie will demonstrate how to make the perfect ice cream and sorbet from start to finish!
During this 90-minute class, Katie will work through a couple of different recipes for ice cream and sorbet that you can replicate at home. They’ll even host a tasting session at the end where you can sample the finished product! Click here to get your ticket!
Also this weekend
- “Sunrise, Sunset: Landscapes from Dawn to Dusk” at The Artists in Middleburg: Through July 14
- “Deconstructed: The NSLM Sporting Screen” at the National Sporting Library & Museum: Through Sept. 15
- “NSLMology: the Science of Sporting Art” at the National Sporting Library & Museum: Through Sept. 15
- Summer Art Workshop at the National Sporting Library & Museum: July 5 | 10-11:30 a.m.
- Happy Hour at Zest: July 5 | 3-6 p.m.
- Scenic Cinema at Salamander Resort & Spa: July 5 | 8:30 p.m.
- Sunrise Bootcamp Saturday at Salamander Resort & Spa: July 6 | 6-7 a.m.
- Middleburg Community Farmers Market: July 6 | 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Butcher’s Block Brunch & Bubbles at Harrimans Virginia Piedmont Grill: July 6 | 9 a.m.-noon
- Bubbles & Caviar Class at Salamander Resort & Spa: July 6 | 2-4 p.m.
- Twilight Polo at Great Meadow: July 6 | 6 p.m.
- Campfire Stories at Salamander Resort & Spa: July 6 | 8:30 p.m.
- Zen Horse Yoga at Salamander Resort & Spa: July 7 | 8-9 a.m.
- Bubbles & Buti Yoga Class at Salamander Resort & Spa: July 7 | 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- Sunday Sketch with Alice Porter at the National Sporting Library & Museum: July 7 | 2-4 p.m.
- Sounds of Salamander at Salamander Resort & Spa: July 7 | 4-7 p.m
Robert Rivest is a funny guy; he even makes space funny. Using mime, comedy and interactive stories, Rivest explores a universe of humorous space stories. He combines classic mime artistry with hilarious highlights of space travel and the Apollo Moon Landing. With plenty of audience participation, Rivest brings his sensational space stories to life before your eyes. Space may be limited. For all ages.
Polish up or enhance your basic wine knowledge. This full-bodied course will be led by one of Boxwood’s WSET certified educators. Part one of their wine education series will cover wine making, proper tastings, etiquette and Boxwood varietal characteristics, accompanied by cheese and charcuterie. All ticket sales will include an enhanced full tasting experience and a take-home packet.
Click here to get your tickets!
- Books and Badges with Officer Jason Davis at the Middleburg Library: July 8 | 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- Maker Monday at the Middleburg Library: July 8| 4-5 p.m.
- Adult Book Club at the Middleburg Library: July 8| 7-8 p.m.
- Teacher Tuesdays at Hunter’s Head Tavern: July 9 | 11 a.m.-9:30 p.m.
- Search & Rescue Dogs at the Middleburg Library: July 10 | 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- Burgers & Brews at Gentle Harvest: July 10 | Noon-7 p.m.
- Gallery Talk at the National Sporting Library & Museum: July 10 | 2-2:30 p.m.
- Summer Art Workshop at the National Sporting Library & Museum: July 12 | 10-11:30 a.m.
- Happy Hour at Zest: July 12 | 3-6 p.m.
- Scenic Cinema at Salamander Resort & Spa: July 12 | 8:30 p.m.
- Middleburg Community Farmers Market: July 13 | 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Twilight Polo at Great Meadow: July 13 | 6 p.m.
- Sounds of Salamander at Salamander Resort & Spa: July 14 | 4-7 p.m
Please check out our online calendar for even more upcoming events!