17 Things to Do in Middleburg This Weekend
— Check out our picks for July 19-21, including Twilight Jumpers at Great Meadow, the opening of a new exhibition at The Artists in Middleburg, a wine tasting at Girasole, and more.
Great Meadow hosts a night of equestrian show jumpers. Competitions include young riders and local talent jumping at 1.05 meters and professionals jumping at 1.3 meters.
The evening features top competition, intense tailgating, and dancing in the pavilion after the competition.
Whether you want to compete, reserve a rail side box for 6, tailgate, or just picnic on the grass for $40/carload, it’s a great way to support the non-profit High Performance Equestrian Foundation and enjoy the show jumping at Great Meadow!
For more information on the event, call 540-454-6673.
Artists in Middleburg invites you to the opening reception of its new exhibit, “The Horse in Art, III.” The exhibit will run through Aug. 18. Please join us for this special reception!
Join Jason Bise of Winebow (formerly The Country Vintner) for a tasting of rosés and sparkling wines. Savor Chef Patierno’s light antipasti and a selection of 15 wines.
At Girasole’s wine tastings, they offer competitive retail pricing. Case and mixed-case orders also receive a 10% discount. Wines ordered are made available for pick-up generally within five days. Call 540-253-5501 to make your reservation. The cost is $40 per person, exclusive of tax and gratuity.
Also this weekend
- “Deconstructed: The NSLM Sporting Screen” at the National Sporting Library & Museum: Through Sept. 15
- “NSLMology: the Science of Sporting Art” at the National Sporting Library & Museum: Through Sept. 15
- Summer Art Workshop at the National Sporting Library & Museum: July 19 | 10-11:30 a.m.
- Happy Hour at Zest: July 19 | 3-6 p.m.
- Music on the Terrace at the Red Fox Inn & Tavern: July 19
- Scenic Cinema at Salamander Resort & Spa: July 19 | 8:30 p.m.
- Middleburg Community Farmers Market: July 20 | 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Butcher’s Block Brunch & Bubbles at Harrimans Virginia Piedmont Grill: July 20| 9 a.m.-noon
- Middleburg Humane Foundation Adoption Event at Loyal Companion: July 20 | Noon-3 p.m.
- Summertime Punches and Sangrias Class at Salamander Resort & Spa: July 20 | 2 p.m.
- Twilight Polo at Great Meadow: July 20 | 6 p.m.
- Zen Horse Yoga at Salamander Resort & Spa: July 21 | 8 a.m.
- Live Music by Adriel Genet at Greenhill Winery & Vineyards: July 21 | 2 p.m.
- Sounds of Salamander at Salamander Resort & Spa: July 21 | 4-7 p.m
“Aliens: Escape from Earth” with ScienceTellers at the Middleburg Library: July 23 | 10:30-11:30 a.m.
Don’t miss this action-packed and educational alien adventure using science experiments for special effects. It’s totally out of this world! Space may be limited. For all ages.
Come celebrate the opening of Old Ox Brewery‘s Middleburg location with us! Join us on Saturday, July 27, from noon-6 p.m. for special beers, a backlot BBQ, live music and yard games. Old Ox has brewed two new beers aged in red wine barrels just for the Middleburg tasting room: Middleburg Apricot Blonde and Middleburg Blonde.
Come early! The first 100 people will get a free Old Ox koozie! And the ceremonial tapping of the first keg takes place at noon. We can’t wait to celebrate Old Ox’s new location with our friends and new neighbors!
Shop the trove of exceptional items to be found in Middleburg on Aug. 2-4 at Emmanuel Church’s Parish House on 105 E. Washington St. Held in conjunction with the Middleburg Summer Sidewalk Sale, Emmanuel’s Treasures will feature a selection of new and gently used household goods, antiques, art, decorative items, furniture, kitchenware, jewelry, sporting equipment, estate items, etc.
The sale will be held Friday and Saturday from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. and Sunday from noon-4 p.m. You don’t want to miss this unique annual event!
- Family Storytime at the Middleburg Library: July 22| 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- Maker Monday at the Middleburg Library: July 22| 4-5 p.m.
- Night Fox Pub Happy Hour at the Red Fox Inn & Tavern: July 22-25 | 4-6 p.m.
- Teacher Tuesdays at Hunter’s Head Tavern: July 23 | 11 a.m.-9:30 p.m.
- Yappy Hour at Salamander Resort & Spa: July 23 | 5-7 p.m.
- Wilson’s Wild Animals at the Middleburg Library: July 24| 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- Great Decisions Discussion Group at the Middleburg Library: July 24| 7-8 p.m.
- Burgers & Brews at Gentle Harvest: July 24 | Noon-7 p.m.
- Gallery Talk at the National Sporting Library & Museum: July 24 | 2-2:30 p.m.
- Board Game Wednesdays at Old Ox Brewery: July 24 | 6:30-9 p.m.
- Super Smash Bros. Tournament at the Middleburg Library: July 25| 2-5 p.m.
- Open House at Middleburg Montessori School: July 25 | 2-6 p.m.
- Summer Art Workshop at the National Sporting Library & Museum: July 26 | 10-11:30 a.m.
- Happy Hour at Zest: July 26 | 3-6 p.m.
- Scenic Cinema at Salamander Resort & Spa: July 26| 8:30 p.m.
- Middleburg Community Farmers Market: July 27 | 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Twilight Polo at Great Meadow: July 27 | 6 p.m.
- Sounds of Salamander at Salamander Resort & Spa: July 28 | 4-7 p.m