Things to Do in Middleburg This Weekend
— Check out our picks for Jan. 4-6, including a dessert-making class at Salamander Resort & Spa and live music at 50 West. Plus, a look at upcoming events.
Learn how to make the healthier version of classic desserts with ingredients for delicious sweets in the new year with Salamander’s executive pastry chef, Jason Reaves.
Enjoy your favorite 50 West wines while listening to the musical stylings of Tyme + Lace.
Dreaming of opening your own business? Start here. The pros at Mason Enterprise Center will help you make sense out of business plans, permits, marketing and much more. This workshop is free; registration is required and can be completed here.
Work with Salamander’s sushi chef in this hands-on class as he walks you through the process of hand selecting fish and techniques needed to roll your own sushi. At the conclusion of the class, sushi is served!
- Family Storytime at Middleburg Library: Jan. 7 | 11 a.m.-noon
- Maker Monday at Middleburg Library: Jan. 7 | 4-5 p.m.
- Wine & Painting Class at Salamander Resort & Spa: Jan. 8 | 7-9 p.m.
- Musical Storytime at Middleburg Library: Jan. 9 | 11 a.m.-noon
- Art at the Library at Middleburg Library: Jan. 9 | 4-5 p.m.
- Admission Open House at Foxcroft School: Jan. 11 | 8:30 a.m.-noon
- Think Pink Basketball Tournament at Foxcroft School: Jan. 12 | 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Blood on the Snow: Mosby’s Rangers vs. Cole’s Cavalry: Bus Tour: Jan 12 | 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Live Music by Far Away Songs at 50 West Vineyards: Jan. 12 | 1:30-4:30 p.m.
- Ballroom Dance Class at Salamander Resort & Spa: Jan. 12 | 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Carriage Rides with Doc & Molly at Greenhill Winery & Vineyards: Feb. 1 | 1-4 p.m.