Things to Do in Middleburg This Weekend
— Check out our picks for Jan. 25-27, including the Paul K. Bergan Poetry Festival at Foxcroft School, live music at 50 West, and a Middleburg Humane Foundation meet and greet at Kriser’s Natural Pet.
Tina Barr, an award-winning poet, creative writing teacher, and member of Foxcroft School’s Class of 1973, returns to her alma mater Friday, Jan. 25, as visiting poet for the 2019 Paul K. Bergan Poetry Festival.
The festival will begin with a poetry reading by Barr on Friday morning, to which the public is welcome. The celebration of the written and spoken word continues with variety of workshops conducted by Barr and Foxcroft faculty, a formal Poetry Reading Competition in the afternoon, and an “open mic” Coffee House and Poetry Slam Friday evening.
If you are interested in attending the poetry reading by Tina Barr on Friday morning, please call 540-687-4511 for more information.
“A Trail Guide to Care Options” Community Information Session at Middleburg United Methodist Church: Jan. 26 | 1-3 p.m.
Explore resources available to you and your loved ones when health issues make life more challenging. Session is free to the public.
This session will provide you with the tools necessary to:
- Discuss medical, legal and financial arrangements, and personal goals before a crisis
- Research community resources
- Document and communicate your choices and preferences
Learn the differences between skilled nursing facilities and assisted living facilities and between palliative care, hospice and home healthcare.
For more information, contact Jan Coxwell at 540-553-4033.
Enjoy your favorite 50 West wines while listening to live music! Tavous Music plays on Saturday, and Chris Bone will be there Sunday.
Join Kriser’s for this in-store adoption event where you can meet your newest four-legged family member.
Master the art of making hand-made noodles, gnocchi and different sauces in this hands-on class. You will leave saying ciao to store-bought noodles. Reservations required; please call 540-326-4070. $79 per person. Prices do not include tax and gratuity.
Join us for Gold Cup’s adult hot chocolate bar. Top off your favorite winter beverage with your choice of marshmallow vodka, Baileys, Brandy or Peppermint Schnapps, plus an assortment of toppings like sprinkles, flavored whip cream, and more. $14 per beverage, $8 non-alcoholic; does not include tax and gratuity. For additional information, please call 540-326-4070.
Bring an 8.5″x11″ picture of a pet to create an abstract portrait with acrylic paints. Picture can be a Xerox image. Supplies provided. For Grade 9-adult.
- Family Storytime at Middleburg Library: Jan. 28 | 11 a.m.-noon
- Maker Monday at Middleburg Library: Jan. 28 | 4-5 p.m.
- Wine & Painting Class at Salamander Resort & Spa: Jan. 29 | 7-9 p.m.
- Musical Storytime at Middleburg Library: Jan. 30 | 11 a.m.-noon
- Great Decisions Discussion Group on Refugees and Global Migration at Middleburg Library: Jan. 30 | 7-9 p.m.
- Bring Your Own Wine Night at Girasole: Jan. 31
- Carriage Rides with Doc & Molly at Greenhill Winery & Vineyards: Feb. 1 | 1-4 p.m.
- Adult Hot Chocolate Bar at Gold Cup: Feb. 2 | 3-5 p.m.
- Talent Show at Wakefield School: Feb. 8 | 6-9 p.m.