14 Things to Do in Middleburg This Weekend
— Check out our picks for Feb. 8-10, including Jazz in the Hills at 50 West, bingo at the Middleburg Community Center, a special Valentine’s tasting at Boxwood Estate Winery, and more.
It’s time to buy your tickets to the annual All-School Talent Show. Please join us for a fun-filled evening with talent from all three divisions as well as parents and faculty! As is tradition, the 11th grade and their advisors will be hosting the event as a fundraiser for the JR/SR Prom.
Beat the winter blues and join 50 West for Jazz in the Hills. Enjoy music by Mangione & Benton Jazz, a guitar and piano/guitar duo featuring instrumental jazz standards from the great American standard songbook in the style of such jazz greats as Wes Montgomery, Joe Pass, Miles Davis, Duke Ellington and Dave Brubeck, also performing jazzy arrangements of popular modern songs. During Jazz in the Hills, 50 West will feature soups and delicious bread and cheese baskets paired with their wines.
The Middleburg Humane Foundation wants to extend Valentine’s Day love with YOU, and what could be better than a Spay-ghetti dinner and music? Proceeds from this fun Italian dinner and raffle will support the MHF Community Cats Trap/Neuter/Return program and their low-cost spay-neuter program for low-income families. Order your tickets now — they sold out quickly last year!
Come to the Middleburg Community Center for an annual favorite, BINGO night! Tickets are $35 and include bingo cards, chili dinner, raffle ticket, and drink ticket. Additional drink tickets, bingo cards and 50/50 raffle tickets will also be available for purchase. Prizes will be awarded to Bingo winners! This event sells out every year, so be sure to get your tickets now. RSVP by Feb. 6 to email@example.com or call 540-687-6373.
Also this weekend
- Chocolate and Wine Tastings at Greenhill Winery & Vineyards: Daily in February | Noon-6 p.m.
- Winter Woes Client Education Seminar at Tri-County Feeds, Fashions, Finds: Feb. 9 | 9 a.m.-noon
- Ballroom Dance Class at Salamander Resort & Spa: Feb. 9 | 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Partner Yoga Workshop at Salamander Resort & Spa: Feb. 9 | 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Truffle & Bubbles Pairing at Salamander Resort & Spa: Feb. 9 | 2-4 p.m.
- Adult Hot Chocolate Bar at Gold Cup: Feb. 9 | 3-5 p.m.
- Célébrer L’amour Valentine Tasting at Boxwood Winery: Feb: 9 & 10 | 4-5 p.m.
- Carriage Rides with Doc & Molly at Greenhill Winery & Vineyards: Feb. 10 | 1-4 p.m.
- Community Music School of the Piedmont’s 12th Annual Candlelight Concert Fundraiser at Barton Oaks: Feb. 10 | 5:30 p.m.
- Four-Course Murder Mystery Dinner at Girasole: Feb. 10 | 6:30 p.m.
Gather around as master storyteller Baba Jamal Koram brings life to the lore of African cultures. His captivating presence engages the audience with lessons of standing up for what is right, caring for our earth, and believing in the good in everyone. For all ages.
Make this romantic holiday unforgettable and treat your Valentine to an elegant dinner at Harrimans. Gaze upon sweeping views of the Virginia countryside while indulging in an enchanting five-course dinner created by Executive Chef Ryan Arensdorf. After dinner, indulge in a custom confection for two created by Executive Pastry Chef Jason Reaves.
Celebrate love at The Red Fox by treating your sweetheart to a five-course game and seafood dinner this Valentine’s Day! $175 per person, including sparkling toast. Adults only. The menu includes oysters on the half shell, lobster bisque, a duet of game, and cranberry and dark chocolate bread pudding.
Treat your Valentine to a delicious four-course meal prepared by Chef Patierno and enjoy the romantic ambiance of our dining room created by Lydia Patierno. The cost of the four-course dinner is $85 per person or $120 per person with 3 wine pairings; exclusive of tax and gratuity. The menu options include local oysters Florentine, Taleggio ravioli with aged balsamic, housemade lasagna Bolognese, housemade pastries, and more.
- Chocolate and Wine Tastings at Greenhill Winery & Vineyards: Daily | Noon-6 p.m.
- Family Storytime at Middleburg Library: Feb. 11 | 11 a.m.-noon
- Happy Hour at Hunter’s Head Tavern: Monday-Thursday | 3-6 p.m.
- Maker Monday at Middleburg Library: Feb. 11 | 4-5 p.m.
- “Won’t You Be My Neighbor?” Special Screening at Wakefield School: Feb. 11 | 5:30-8:30 p.m.
- Adult Book Club at Middleburg Library: Feb. 11 | 7-9 p.m.
- Biz Buzz at The Hill School: Feb. 12 | 5 30-7:30 p.m.
- Wine & Painting Class at Salamander Resort & Spa: Feb. 12 | 7-9 p.m.
- “Romantic Dinner at Home” at Market Salamander: Feb. 13-16 | 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Gallery Talk at the National Sporting Library & Museum: Feb. 13 | 2-3 p.m.
- Art at the Library at Middleburg Library: Feb. 13 | 4-5 p.m.
- Romance by the Glass at Gold Cup Wine Bar: Feb. 14-16 | 11 a.m.-11 p.m.
- Valentine’s Dinner For Two at Hunter’s Head Tavern: Feb. 14 | 5-9:30 p.m.
- Meditation & Yoga with Marcus Johnson at Salamander Resort & Spa: Feb. 16 | 8-9 a.m.
- Around the World Tasting Featuring Sauvignon Blanc at 50 West: Feb. 16 & 17 | 11 a.m.
- Adult Hot Chocolate Bar at Gold Cup: Feb. 16 | 3-5 p.m.
- Dinner and Jazz with Marcus Johnson at Salamander Resort & Spa: Feb. 16 | 6-9 p.m.
- Brunch with Marcus Johnson at Salamander Resort & Spa: Feb. 17 | 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Carriage Rides with Doc & Molly at Greenhill Winery & Vineyards: Feb. 17 | 1-4 p.m.
- Paint Nite Red Wine Still Life at Three Fox Vineyards: Feb. 17 | 2-4 p.m.