— Check out our weekend guide to what’s happening in Middleburg Feb. 7-9, including new art exhibitions at The Byrne Gallery and the National Sporting Library & Museum, a weekend with jazz legend Marcus Johnson at Salamander Resort & Spa, and more.
“Abstract By Design” at The Byrne Gallery: Through March 1
The Byrne Gallery is proud to present “Abstract by Design,” an exhibition of the constructed panel oil paintings of Mark Dassoulas and the stainless steel sculptures of Richard Binder. The exhibit is open to the public and everyone is cordially invited to attend.
Jazz Weekend with Marcus Johnson at Salamander Resort & Spa: Feb. 7-9
Join Salamander Resort for a special weekend of events with Billboard-ranked musician Marcus Johnson. Weekend options include a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity on Feb. 7 at 7 p.m. to meet and greet jazz legend Marcus Johnson while you enjoy delicious seasonal cocktails and hors d’oeuvres, an interactive truffles and bubbles class with Executive Pastry Chef Jason Reaves and Marcus Johnson in the cooking studio on Feb. 8 at 2 p.m., a cabaret-style dinner and live performance with Marcus Johnson on Feb. 8 at 6 p.m., and a farewell brunch on Feb. 9 at 10:30 a.m. For reservations and more information about any of these events, please call 540-326-4070.
There is also an opportunity to take a flow yoga class with Marcus Johnson on Feb. 8 at 8 a.m. All ages and experience levels are welcome. For reservations, please call 540-326-4060.
“A Thank You from Tutti” at The Hill School: Feb. 7 & 8
Don’t miss this chance to hear Tutti Perricone and celebrate Vincent Perricone, love and music!
Cabin Fever Bingo at the Middleburg Community Center: Feb. 7 | 6:30-9:30 p.m.
Come to the Middleburg Community Center for an annual favorite, Bingo night! Tickets are $40 and include bingo cards, dinner, a raffle ticket, and a drink ticket. Additional drink tickets for an open bar, bingo cards and 50/50 raffle tickets will also be available for purchase. Prizes will be awarded to Bingo winners! This event sells out every year, so RSVP by Feb. 5 to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 540-687-6373.
“Phyllis Mills Wyeth: A Celebration” at the National Sporting Library & Museum: Feb. 8-June 28
On view at the National Sporting Library & Museum, a memorial exhibition celebrating the life of Phyllis Mills Wyeth (November 13, 1940–January 14, 2019) features a selection of portraits created by her husband, contemporary artist Jamie Wyeth. From the late 1960s, and throughout the decades of their marriage, Phyllis Wyeth was his muse. He created intimate works that capture moments from her life. On view Feb. 8–June 28, 2020, “Phyllis Mills Wyeth: A Celebration” reflects Phyllis’ vibrant spirit and love of nature, horses, and her ever-present dogs. She lived here until she married and is the sister of Mimi Abel Smith.
Also this weekend
- Wakefield Annual Talent Show & Italian Dinner: Feb. 7 | 6-9:30 p.m.
- “African Drums: Visit Kofi’s Village” at the Middleburg Library: Feb. 8 | 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- Valentine’s Sip & Craft at Cana Vineyards & Winery: Feb. 9 | 12:30-5 p.m.
Valentine’s Wine Dinner at Greenhill Winery & Vineyards: Feb. 14 | 6:30-9 p.m.
Join Greenhill Feb. 14 in the barrel room for a four-course dinner featuring Chef ML with Canapés Catering. Menu includes thai coconut curry scallops, gnocchi with smoked bacon, bone-in pork tenderloin and a double dessert. Purchase tickets at cellarpass.com.
Middleburg’s Winter Weekend Sale: Feb. 14-16
Please join us for Middleburg’s annual Winter Weekend Sale! Friday & Saturday from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday hours as posted by shops. Look for the winter white and blue balloons at participating businesses. Check our Facebook page for updates.
Sponsored by the Middleburg Business and Professional Association and the Town of Middleburg.
Middleburg Humane Foundation Spayghetti (No Balls) Dinner at Barrel Oak Winery: Feb. 15 | 6-9 p.m.
This event supports Middleburg Humane’s Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) program run by MHF’s Community Cat Coordinator, Ashley. In 2019 alone, she TNR’d nearly 450 cats, which equates to the prevention of 2,640 kitten from joining the feral cat community. Her goal in 2020 is 500 cats, so let’s ensure she has all the support possible to meet that goal! Purchase tickets at networkforgood.com.
“For the Love of Wine & Chocolate” at Boxwood Estate Winery: Feb. 15 & 16
Celebrate Valentine’s Day with Boxwood Estate Winery! Enjoy Boxwood wines paired with assorted truffles. Cost: $27.50 per person. Purchase tickets at cellarpass.com.
“It’s All About Love!” at Emmanuel Church Parish House: Feb. 16 | 3 p.m.
Two superb singers will warm our hearts with ageless love songs! Join us at the Parish House as bass James Shaffran and soprano Mary Shaffran sing timeless duets and St. Valentine’s Day favorites. Reserve a seat at 540-687-6297. $10 suggested donation. Refreshments served.
“Heart Strings – A Valentine Celebration” at Barton Oaks: Feb. 23 | 5:30 p.m.
Join the Community Music School of the Piedmont on Sunday, Feb. 9, at 5:30 p.m. at Barton Oaks for their 13th Annual Candlelight Concert featuring acclaimed string duo Ari Isaacman-Beck and Gwen Krosnick. Isaacman-Beck and Krosnick bring ”high-octane, exuberant, brilliant music-making to audiences across the U.S., Europe, and Asia.”
This concert is their sole, annual fundraising event and raises critically need scholarship and outreach funds for CMSP.
- Maker Monday at the Middleburg Library: Feb. 10 | 4-5 p.m.
- Adult Book Club at the Middleburg Library: Feb. 10 | 7-8 p.m.
- Library Lab: Build a Candy Box at the Middleburg Library: Feb. 11 | 4-5 p.m.
- Economic Development Strategy Session at the National Sporting Library & Museum: Feb. 12 | 6-7:30 p.m.
- Teen Paint Night at the Middleburg Library: Feb. 12 | 7-8:30 p.m.
- Board Games at the Middleburg Library: Feb. 13 | 4:30 p.m.
- Valentine’s Day Dinner at Harrimans Virginia Piedmont Grill: Feb. 13-15 | 5-10 p.m.
- Valentine’s Day Dinner at The Red Fox Inn & Tavern: Feb. 14 & 15 | 5-8:30 p.m.
- Valentine’s Weekend at Girasole: Feb. 14 & 15 | 5-10 p.m.
- Warm Your Heart Yoga Workshop at Salamander Resort & Spa: Feb. 15 | 9-10 a.m.
- “Coffee with the Curator” at the National Sporting Library & Museum: Feb. 15 | 10-11:30 a.m.
- Chocolate, Bourbon & Bacon Romance at Salamander Resort & Spa: Feb. 15 | 2-4 p.m.
- Snowman Fused Glass Class by Big Dog Pots Pottery Studio at Salamander Resort & Spa: Feb. 15 | 3 p.m.
- Ballroom Dance Class at Salamander Resort & Spa: Feb. 15 | 5:30-7:30 p.m.