11 Things to Do in Middleburg This Weekend
— Check out our picks for Feb. 22-24, including Art of the Piedmont, a movie showing at The Hill School, a fundraiser for A Place to Be, and more.
Join us for this annual event featuring local artists and benefitting Middleburg Montessori School. VIP tickets with an early showing starting at 5 p.m. are $50. General admission tickets are $25. Click here to purchase tickets.
The Goose Creek Association and the Land Trust of Virginia bring you “Rancher, Farmer, Fisherman,” the acclaimed film based on the book by Miriam Horn of the Environmental Defense Fund. Three rugged individualists explore how to preserve their way of life by stewarding the land and water on which we all depend. These conservation heroes learn to use the tools and methods created by law, academics, environmental groups, and their fellow outdoorsmen to forge alliances and continue to feed the world while enhancing the environment.
Rancher Dusty Crary builds a conservation easement alliance to protect the Rocky Mountain Front that his ranch depends on; farmer Justin Knopf rebuilds the fertility, biodiversity and resilience of his soil in the Kansas heartland, and fisherman Wayne Werner lobbies to establish reasonable fishing quotas that restock the Gulf.
Narrated by award-winning journalist Tom Brokaw, this film premiered at the 2017 Sundance Film Festival and debuted on the Discovery Channel in August 2017.
This event is free to the public! Pre-registration is encouraged.
Benefit Concert and Gala with A Place to Be at Franklin Park Performing Arts Center: Feb. 23 | 7-9 p.m.
Don’t miss out on this amazing performance to benefit Darby’s Dancers and A Place to Be! Purchase tickets here.
Also this weekend
- Chocolate and Wine Tastings at Greenhill Winery & Vineyards: Daily in February | Noon-6 p.m.
- Expedition K2M: The STEM Summit 2019 at Foxcroft School: Feb 23 | 8:30 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Coffee with the Curator: “Sidesaddle, 1690-1935” at the National Sporting Library & Museum: Feb. 23 | 10-11:30 a.m.
- “Spotted Lanternfly-Not Wanted” at the Middleburg Library: Feb. 23 | 2-3:30 p.m.
- Gnocchi Madness Class at Salamander Resort & Spa: Feb. 23 | 2-4 p.m.
- Adult Hot Chocolate Bar at Gold Cup: Feb. 23 | 3-5 p.m.
- Carriage Rides with Doc & Molly at Greenhill Winery & Vineyards: Feb. 24 | 1-4 p.m.
- Free Community Day at the National Sporting Library & Museum: Feb. 24 | 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Come and enjoy a delicious lunch, bingo, and live jazz music! Doors open at 11:30 a.m. Please RSVP by March 10 to 540-687-6373 or firstname.lastname@example.org. This event is free and open to the public.
The HEALth Fair celebrates Middleburg’s adoption of the National Healthy Eating and Active Living (HEAL) resolution and will be held in the Ballroom and Terrace Room of the Middleburg Community Center. Sign up to run the 5K here. The HEALth Fair will include a presentation on the power of music therapy by A Place to Be and a screening of the film “Styrofoam Mom” with a presentation and Q&A by its author and producer, Miriam Gennari. Vendors, please click here for information and an application to join this event.
- Chocolate and Wine Tastings at Greenhill Winery & Vineyards: Daily | Noon-6 p.m.
- Happy Hour at Hunter’s Head Tavern: Monday-Thursday | 3-6 p.m.
- Wine & Painting Class at Salamander Resort & Spa: Feb. 26 | 7-9 p.m.
- Gallery Talk at the National Sporting Library & Museum: Feb. 27 | 2-3 p.m.
- Farm and Brew Dinner at Goodstone Inn & Restaurant: Feb. 27 | 6:30-9:30 p.m.
- “Protect Yourself from Scams & Frauds” at the Parish House at Emmanuel Episcopal Church: March 1 | 11 a.m.
- “The State of Loudoun’s Towns” at the Middleburg Community Center: March 13 | 8-10 a.m.