11 Things to Do in Middleburg This Weekend
— Check out our picks for Dec. 7-9, including special pop-up shops, Brunch with Santa at Salamander Resort & Spa, the “Great Art Small Price” exhibition at Artists in Middleburg, and more.
While you’re doing your holiday shopping this year, be sure to stop in two new pop-up shops this holiday season: Middleburg Humane and Another Blue Moon. Another Blue Moon, located at 15 S. Madison Street, will feature furniture, antiques, accessories and more. The store will be open weekends 10 a.m.-4 p.m. and Tuesday-Thursday by appointment. Middleburg Humane’s pop-up shop at 6 S. Madison Street will feature unique and upscale furniture, one-of-a-kind decorator items, artwork, jewelry and clothing, and Christmas decorations. All proceeds benefit their shelter animals. The store will be open 11 a.m.-4 p.m. until Dec. 24.
Visit with Santa and his elves while enjoying a delicious brunch in Salamander’s winter wonderland. Salamander’s ballroom transforms into Santa’s workshop where you’ll enjoy a brunch featuring sweet and savory favorites, a make-your-own holiday keepsake designing station, as well as a photo opportunity with Santa Claus himself. $55 per person, $30 for children. Reservations are required, please call 540-326-4070.
Can’t make it this weekend? Santa will be in town on Dec. 15 and 22, too!
Artists in Middleburg and jurors Tony Barham, Terri Parent and William Walsh invite you to AiM’s current juried exhibition — GASP: Great Art Small Prices.
Santa Claus is coming to Gentle Harvest! Sign up today, for their FREE Santa photo opp and take a photo using your own device.
During the event, kids and kids at heart can decorate a set of shortbread and gingerbread holiday cookies, with Gentle Harvest Executive Pastry Chef Katie for only $5.
The day of the event, guests are welcome to drop-in anytime between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Photos will be taken on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please note, that all guests who decorate a set of holiday cookies will be required to have a ticket. Questions? Please contact Robert via email at email@example.com.
Also this weekend:
- Storytime with Mrs. Claus at Salamander Resort & Spa: Dec. 7 | 7-8 p.m.
- Hot Chocolate Bar at Market Salamander: Dec. 8 & 9 | 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Live Music at 50 West Vineyards: Dec. 8 & 9 | 1:30-4:30 p.m.
- Gingerbread House Decorating at Harrimans Virginia Piedmont Grill: Dec. 8 | 2-4 p.m.
- Ballroom Dance Class at Salamander Resort & Spa: Dec. 8 | 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Holiday Cookie Decorating at Market Salamander: Dec. 9 | 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
- The Stroke Choir’s Holiday Recital at The Hill School: Dec. 9 | 2 p.m.
Salamander Resort will “Rock the Red” and publicly display the Stanley Cup Trophy to celebrate the 2018 NHL Champion Washington Capitals on Monday.
Resort owner Sheila Johnson, who is also vice president of Monumental Sports & Entertainment – the Capitals ownership group, will begin the day’s program with a short welcome at 8:30 p.m.
The three-foot-high trophy will be available for photography in Salamander’s living room from 8:45–10 p.m. for the first 50 groups that show up. Doors will open at 7 p.m., where groups will be assigned a number to guarantee a photo timeslot. To obtain a number, fans must bring a canned good or toy donation for the Seven Loaves Food Bank or Toys for Tots. The resort encourages attendees to arrive early to secure a timeslot. After the first 50 groups, photography will be permitted as time allows.
Salamander also will offer a variety of programming including a spectacular “Rock the Red” celebration in Gold Cup and the terrace. All attendees are encouraged to wear red, while the Capitals flag will be flown over the property.
Feeling lost in today’s media landscape? Educators from the Newseum will show us how to tackle buzzwords, bots and bad actors on social media. You’ll get clear definitions of current media terms and practical tools to identify fake and flawed news.
Experience the magic and wonder of A Place To Be through the voices and heartfelt performances of their clients and music therapists. It’s a holiday concert you will not forget! The event is FREE!
Christmas favorites featuring classical guitarist Candice Mowbray, lyric soprano Rebecca Kellerman, and pianist/organist Marilyn Shenenberger with Alan Saucedo (cello), Maryory Serrano and Cynthia Suacedo (violin), and Miho Sato and Karen Chase (voice). Reception by Savoir Fare. Free admission.
- Family Storytime at Middleburg Library: Dec. 10 | 11-11:30 a.m.
- Maker Monday at Middleburg Library: Dec. 10 | 4-4:30 p.m.
- Adult Book Club at Middleburg Library: Dec. 10 | 7-8 p.m.
- Musical Storytime at Middleburg Library: Dec. 12 | 11-11:30 a.m.
- Art at the Library at Middleburg Library: Dec. 12 | 4-4:30 p.m.
- Gallery Talk at the National Sporting Library & Museum: Dec. 12 | 2-2:30 p.m.
- Storytime with Mrs. Claus at Salamander Resort & Spa: Dec. 14 | 7-8 p.m.
- Hot Chocolate Bar at Market Salamander: Dec. 15 & 16 | 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Brunch with Santa at Salamander Resort & Spa: Dec. 15 | 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Holiday Cookie Decorating at Market Salamander: Dec. 16 | 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Gingerbread House Decorating at Market Salamander: Dec. 16 | 1-3 p.m.
- Gingerbread House Decorating at Harrimans Virginia Piedmont Grill: Dec. 22 | 2-4 p.m.