20+ Things to Do in Middleburg This Weekend
— Check out our round-up of weekend events for Aug. 9-11, including a cardboard regatta at the Middleburg Community Center, Olympian Boyd Martin at Rutledge Farm, a library wine tasting at Cana Vineyards & Winery, a summer pig roast at Greenhill Winery & Vineyards, and more.
Middleburg Community Center’s Doc Saffer Summer Series presents the Cardboard Regatta and late swim.
Build a boat out of cardboard and race your friends down the pool, have a pizza dinner in the park while playing with adoptable dogs from Middleburg Humane Foundation, or have your face painted while eating an ice cream from MooThru!
- 5-5:30 p.m.: Pizza in the park
- 5-8 p.m.: Middleburg Humane Foundation adoptable doggies in the park
- 5:30-6 p.m.: Cardboard Regatta
- 5-8 p.m.: MooThru ice cream truck, bounce house obstacles, face painting and a DJ
- 6-8 p.m.: Free late swim
This event is free and open to the public. Please register your boat prior to the event if your children plan on participating.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-687-6373 to register your boat. Please provide the boat name and the name and ages of the children participating.
Join Rutledge Farm for a high-performance eventing clinic with PanAm Games gold medalist and Olympian Boyd Martin!
This clinic will offer the following 75-minute training sessions (limited to 4-6 riders):
- 8:30-9:45 a.m.: Advanced, Intermediate and Preliminary
- 10:15-1:30 a.m.: Training
- Noon-1:15 p.m.: Novice
- 2:45-4 p.m.: BN/N
- 4:30-5:45 p.m.: Beginner Novice
Sessions will begin with 15-20 minutes of flatwork focused on adjustability for over-fences work. Riders will move from there to over-fences work in the arena (or grass) with heights and questions appropriate to all levels; eventually incorporating related jumping lines. The sessions will culminate with some competition-style questions and XC lines, though these exercises will be done predominately in an arena setting. If decision is made to move part of the clinic to grass, riders will be notified.
Cost is $200 per rider, and $20 per auditor. To register for this clinic and other opportunities from Rutledge Farm, visit rutledgefarm.com/clinics.
On Saturday, Aug. 10, Cana will be conducting a very special library tasting of some of their earliest vintages. They are releasing a small lot of Cana favorites for an exclusive, small-group wine tasting and discussion. Wines will be paired with a delicious charcuterie plate.
Featured wines include:
- 2012 Barbera
- 2012 Cabernet Franc
- 2012 Le Mariage
- 2010 Tempranillo
- 2013 Norton
There are three tasting sessions on Aug. 10: 11:30 a.m., 2 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. Each seating has only 20 seats, so book soon! After the tasting, you will have the opportunity to purchase these special library wines. Very limited quantities are available.
Tickets are $35 per person ($30 for Harvest Club members). You can purchase tickets at canavineyards.com.
Join Greenhill Winery on Saturday, Aug. 10, for a summer pig roast! Tickets are $45 per person and include food prepared by Hog Wild Catering, music by the Short Hill Mountain Boys and a glass of wine of your choice! Kick back and enjoy summer overlooking the pond and rolling hillside at Greenhill’s historic club house.
For more information, please contact Greenhill Event Manager Brittany Neilan at email@example.com.
Purchase tickets at greenhillvineyards.com.
Also this weekend
- “The Horse in Art, III” at The Artists in Middleburg: Through Aug. 18
- “Endless Summer” at The Byrne Gallery: Through Aug. 18
- “Deconstructed: The NSLM Sporting Screen” at the National Sporting Library & Museum: Through Sept. 15
- “NSLMology: the Science of Sporting Art” at the National Sporting Library & Museum: Through Sept. 15
- Happy Hour at Zest: Aug. 9| 3-6 p.m.
- Music on the Terrace at the Red Fox Inn & Tavern: Aug. 9
- Twilight Jumpers at Great Meadow: Aug. 9 | 6:30-10 p.m.
- Scenic Cinema at Salamander Resort & Spa: Aug. 9| 8:30 p.m.
- National S’mores Day at Salamander Resort & Spa: Aug. 10
- Middleburg Community Farmers Market: Aug. 10 | 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Butcher’s Block Brunch & Bubbles at Harrimans Virginia Piedmont Grill: Aug. 10 | 9 a.m.-noon
- Big Book Sale at the National Sporting Library & Museum: Aug. 10 & 11 | 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Canning Basics at Gentle Harvest: Aug. 10 | Noon-2 p.m.
- Frame It Yourself! With Framecraft of Warrenton VA at Salamander Resort & Spa: Aug. 10 | 2-4 p.m.
- Ballroom Dance Class at Salamander Resort & Spa: Aug. 10 | 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Star Wars Night at Twilight Polo at Great Meadow: Aug. 10 | 6 p.m.
- Water Yoga Workshop at Salamander Resort & Spa: Aug. 11 | 8-9 a.m.
- Poolside Yoga with Mindy at Goodstone Inn & Restaurant: Aug. 11 | 10-11 a.m.
- Carriage Rides with Doc & Molly at Greenhill Winery & Vineyards: Aug. 11 | 2-5 p.m.
- Spanish Wine Tasting at Girasole: Aug. 11 | 3-5 p.m.
- Sounds of Salamander at Salamander Resort & Spa: Aug. 11 | 4-7 p.m
Join us at Old Ox Brewery Middleburg on Saturday, Aug. 17, for a food and beer pairing experience. Old Ox’s chef has thoughtfully prepared four delicious bites to pair with four popular beers to create a magical taste sensation. Check out the menu below and buy your tickets now so you don’t miss out!
- Golden Ox Golden Ale paired with a Chicken Satay with Curry Peanut Sauce
- Black Ox Rye Porter paired with a Short Rib Braised in Black Ox
- Down the Hatch Amber Lager paired with Mesa Verde
- Derailleur Double Dry Hopped American Ale paired with Carrot Cake
Buy your tickets at Eventbrite!
Enjoy a taste of wine and local art! Featuring Red Fox Fine Art, Amanda Horn and Elizabeth Cosby. Event is free to the public. Art work can be purchased day of the event!
- Closet Sale at the Middleburg Community Center: Aug. 12-16 | 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Family Storytime at the Middleburg Library: Aug. 12| 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- Maker Monday at the Middleburg Library: Aug. 12| 4-5 p.m.
- Adult Book Club at the Middleburg Library: Aug. 12| 7-8 p.m.
- Yappy Hour at Salamander Resort & Spa: Aug. 13| 5-7 p.m.
- Biz Buzz at Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast Inn: Aug. 13 | 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Cooking Class with Chef Patierno at Girasole: Aug. 13 | 6:30-9 p.m.
- Burgers & Brews at Gentle Harvest: Aug. 14 | Noon-7 p.m.
- Musical Storytime at the Middleburg Library: Aug. 14| 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- Gallery Talk at the National Sporting Library & Museum: Aug. 14| 2-2:30 p.m.
- Parent Forum: Music Therapy, Self-Care & Connection at A Place to Be: Aug. 14 | 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Happy Hour at Zest: Aug. 16| 3-6 p.m.
- Music on the Terrace at the Red Fox Inn & Tavern: Aug. 16
- Scenic Cinema at Salamander Resort & Spa: Aug. 16| 8:30 p.m.
- Middleburg Community Farmers Market: Aug. 17 | 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Butcher’s Block Brunch & Bubbles at Harrimans Virginia Piedmont Grill: Aug. 17 | 9 a.m.-noon
- Dog Days of Summer Event at Loyal Companion: Aug. 17 | 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Big Green Egg Tailgating Class at Salamander Resort & Spa: Aug. 17 | 2-4 p.m.
- Jungle Night at Twilight Polo at Great Meadow: Aug. 17 | 6 p.m.
- Poolside Yoga with Mindy at Goodstone Inn & Restaurant: Aug. 18 | 10-11 a.m.
- Live Performance by Adriel Genet at Greenhill Winery & Vineyards: Aug. 18 | 2-5 p.m.
- Sounds of Salamander at Salamander Resort & Spa: Aug. 18 | 4-7 p.m
Remember to check our calendar for even more upcoming events!