16 Things to Do in Middleburg for Labor Day Weekend
— Check out our round-up of weekend events for Aug. 30-Sept. 2, including Loudoun Restaurant Week, Open Late, the Virginia Scottish Games, and more.
Through Friday, Aug. 30, join us as we celebrate the best that Loudoun’s culinary community has to offer! Take this great week-long opportunity to try out new restaurants and gather around the table with your friends and family. From fast casual to gourmet dining, there is something for everyone’s taste buds in Loudoun.
For more details and menus, visit loudounrestaurantweek.com and be sure to share your experience on social using #TasteLoudoun!
Join us Friday, Aug. 30, for another concert at the National Sporting Library & Museum, extended hours of shopping and dining at over 25 locations, and great fun throughout the town! Tell your friends and use #OpenLate in your social media postings! More info at middleburgva.gov/openlate.
The Virginia Scottish Games & Festival returns to Great Meadow in The Plains.
- Two-day adult: $30
- Single-day adult: $20
- Children 5-12: $5 on Saturday, free on Sunday
- Children under 5: Free
Gates are open 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Scottish and Celtic heritage is the reason for the celebration, but there is something for everyone at this dog-friendly, family-friendly 2-day event.
The dog days of summer are ending so celebrate your summertime memories with Salamander Resort! Enjoy the last days of warm weather in Salamander’s culinary garden as they grill traditional BBQ favorites. Also, the resort’s end-of-the-summer bash will include a giant slip and slide, water balloon fight, plus many more fun family-friendly activities on the Equestrian Center lawn.
Reservations required; please call 540-326-4070.
Also this weekend
- “Deconstructed: The NSLM Sporting Screen” at the National Sporting Library & Museum: Through Sept. 15
- “NSLMology: the Science of Sporting Art” at the National Sporting Library & Museum: Through Sept. 15
- Happy Hour at Zest: Aug. 30| 3-6 p.m.
- Music on the Terrace at the Red Fox Inn & Tavern: Aug. 30
- Middleburg Community Farmers Market: Aug. 31 | 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Butcher’s Block Brunch & Bubbles at Harrimans Virginia Piedmont Grill: Aug. 31 | 9 a.m.-noon
- Sushi Rolling Class at Salamander Resort & Spa: Aug. 31 | 2-4 p.m.
- Disc Golf Tournament at Salamander Resort & Spa: Aug. 31 | 4 p.m.
- Country Western Night & Chili Cook-Off Twilight Polo at Great Meadow: Aug. 31 | 5:30-10 p.m.
- Sunday Sketch with Hillary White at the National Sporting Library & Museum: Sept. 1 | 2-4 p.m.
- Live Music by Sharif Music at Greenhill Winery & Vineyards: Sept. 1 | 2-5 p.m.
- Sounds of Salamander at Salamander Resort & Spa: Sept. 1 | 4-7 p.m
Join us at the Middleburg Community Center for beginner ballroom dance lessons with a focus on foxtrot and swing. $150 per person for the 7-week session. No partner required. Register by Aug. 28 via eventbrite.com.
The public is invited to hear Katlyn Grasso, whose GenHERation network, connects young women and female executives connect. Grasso has been named a 2019-20 Alison Harrison Goodyear ’29 Fellow at Foxcroft School and will keynote at the schoolwide Leadership Day, on Friday, Sept. 6 at 9 a.m. in Engelhard Gymnasium.
There is no admission charge, but space is limited; please call 540-687-4511 or email email@example.com for details.
From antique to modern jewelry, experience intriguing beauty and the rich cultural past of lore while you explore European diamond and gemstone jewelry at Mystique Jewelers.
Come on out to the Middleburg Community Center front steps for a night of fun with live music by Brian Fox & Friends, with light bites and beverages provided. Bring your friends and family for a community favorite!
This event is free and open to the public. For more information, contact 540-687-6373 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
One hundred privileged guests will enjoy a mesmerizing musical evening of George Gershwin piano classics and other favorites performed by internationally acclaimed virtuoso pianist Thomas Pandolfi during the Sept. 7 Gala benefit concert for the Middleburg Concert Foundation. Cocktails will be served at 6 p.m., followed by the concert at 7 p.m. and dinner catered by Savoir Fare.
Admission: $250 per person. Only 100 tickets will be sold to this event.
For more information, call 540-592-1660 or email email@example.com.
- Yappy Hour at Salamander Resort & Spa: Sept. 3| 5-7 p.m.
- Musical Storytime at the Middleburg Library: Sept. 4| 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- Burgers & Brews at Gentle Harvest: Sept. 4 | Noon-7 p.m.
- Gallery Talk at the National Sporting Library & Museum: Sept. 4| 2-2:30 p.m.
- Happy Hour at Zest: Sept. 6| 3-6 p.m.
- Music on the Terrace at the Red Fox Inn & Tavern: Sept. 6
- Middleburg Community Farmers Market: Sept. 7 | 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Happy Feet/Legends Children’s Fall Soccer League at the Middleburg Community Center: Sept. 7-Oct. 26
- Salsa Making 101 at Salamander Resort & Spa: Sept. 7 | 2-4 p.m.
- Open Your Heart to Open Spaces Twilight Polo at Great Meadow: Sept. 7 | 5:30-10 p.m.
Check out our calendar for more information about these and other upcoming events.