18 Things to Do in Middleburg This Weekend
— Check out our round-up of weekend events for Aug. 16-18, including a closet sale at the Middleburg Community Center, Bites & Flights at Old Ox Brewery, a local art show at Boxwood Estate Winery, and more.
The Middleburg Community Center has been going through their closets and tidying up! Make a donation and bring home a piece of Middleburg Community Center history. They have Hemco plates, cups and saucers, a variety of stemware and glasses, Taylor Maid china, linens and more!
Join us at Old Ox Brewery Middleburg on Saturday, Aug. 17, for a food and beer pairing experience. Old Ox’s chef has thoughtfully prepared four delicious bites to pair with four popular beers to create a magical taste sensation. Check out the menu below and buy your tickets now so you don’t miss out!
- Golden Ox Golden Ale paired with a Chicken Satay with Curry Peanut Sauce
- Black Ox Rye Porter paired with a Short Rib Braised in Black Ox
- Down the Hatch Amber Lager paired with Mesa Verde
- Derailleur Double Dry Hopped American Ale paired with Carrot Cake
Buy your tickets at Eventbrite!
Enjoy a taste of wine and local art! Featuring Red Fox Fine Art, Amanda Horn and Elizabeth Cosby. Event is free to the public. Art work can be purchased day of the event!
Also this weekend
- “The Horse in Art, III” at The Artists in Middleburg: Through Aug. 18
- “Endless Summer” at The Byrne Gallery: Through Aug. 18
- “Deconstructed: The NSLM Sporting Screen” at the National Sporting Library & Museum: Through Sept. 15
- “NSLMology: the Science of Sporting Art” at the National Sporting Library & Museum: Through Sept. 15
- Happy Hour at Zest: Aug. 16 | 3-6 p.m.
- Music on the Terrace at the Red Fox Inn & Tavern: Aug. 16
- Scenic Cinema at Salamander Resort & Spa: Aug. 16 | 8:30 p.m.
- Middleburg Community Farmers Market: Aug. 17 | 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Butcher’s Block Brunch & Bubbles at Harrimans Virginia Piedmont Grill: Aug. 17 | 9 a.m.-noon
- Dog Days of Summer Event at Loyal Companion: Aug. 17 | 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Big Green Egg Tailgating Class at Salamander Resort & Spa: Aug. 17 | 2-4 p.m.
- Jungle Night at Twilight Polo at Great Meadow: Aug. 17 | 6 p.m.
- Poolside Yoga with Mindy at Goodstone Inn & Restaurant: Aug. 18 | 10-11 a.m.
- Live Performance by Adriel Genet at Greenhill Winery & Vineyards: Aug. 18 | 2-5 p.m.
- Sounds of Salamander at Salamander Resort & Spa: Aug. 18 | 4-7 p.m
Established in 2015, the Great Meadow International is a three-day eventing competition held annually at the Great Meadow Foundation in The Plains, Virginia. In addition to the international equestrian competition, the event features VIP hospitality, a trade fair, beer garden, and entertainment for the whole family. The 2019 Great Meadow International will take place Aug. 22-25.
Now in its fifth year, the Great Meadow International (GMI) has been repackaged into a larger competitor and spectator-based event offering three levels of international competition. The event features Olympic-level riders and horses in what can best be described as an equestrian triathlon. In addition to the equestrian competition, the 2019 GMI will highlight all things related to our canine companions. Leashed dogs are welcome and can enjoy amenities including a “VIP” (“Very Important Pooch”) cooling tent with swag, treat samples and more especially for your best four-legged friend. Other additions to the event schedule include canine demonstrations and dog-friendly programming and educational events for the whole family.
Tickets to GMI are available here. All grounds admission tickets to GMI include general parking and admission to the venue and Meadow Market vendor village featuring live entertainment, a beer garden, tasty offerings from top local food trucks, and family-friendly games. Tickets also include admission to the Demonstration Station featuring exciting and educational demonstrations. For those seeking options featuring premier Virginia hospitality, special ringside boxes, tailgates and tables in the VIP pavilion are also available.
The Art of War: The Civil War Sketches of James E. Taylor at the Mosby Heritage Area Association: Aug. 24 | 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
As Union forces advanced into the Shenandoah Valley in 1864 they were accompanied by James E. Taylor, a sketch artist working for Leslie’s Illustrated. During his time with Sheridan’s army, Taylor brought the war to life with his detailed sketches that covered all aspects of military life and the surrounding countryside.
Join the Mosby Heritage Area Association for a bus tour that follows in the path of the artist. You will visit some of the locations sketched by Taylor and compare how much these views have changed since 1864. Artists are welcome to bring along a sketch pad and try their hand at recreating these scenes as they appear today!
Bus departs MHAA office at 1461 Atoka Rd., Marshall, VA at 9 a.m.
Lunch included. Seats are limited so reserve your seat today! Get your tickets at mosbyheritagearea.org.
Ever wonder what goes into making the highest quality charcuterie and what wines they pair best with? Join us for a special tasting of Creminelli Fine Meats charcuterie paired with your favorite Greenhill wines. Kristina Siou will guide you through how these specialty charcuterie are created and what sets Creminelli apart.
Tickets are $35 a person and include five different Creminelli selections paired with Greenhill wines and cheese. Purchase tickets via cellarpass.com.
- Summer Reading Pinata Party and Grand Prize Drawing at the Middleburg Library: Aug. 19| 10:30 a.m.-noon
- Yappy Hour at Hunter’s Head Tavern: Aug. 19 | 5-7 p.m.
- Teen Summer Wrap-Up Party at the Middleburg Library: Aug. 19| 6-7:30 p.m.
- Yappy Hour at Salamander Resort & Spa: Aug. 20| 5-7 p.m.
- Musical Storytime at the Middleburg Library: Aug. 21| 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- Burgers & Brews at Gentle Harvest: Aug. 21 | Noon-7 p.m.
- Gallery Talk at the National Sporting Library & Museum: Aug. 21| 2-2:30 p.m.
- Happy Hour at Zest: Aug. 23| 3-6 p.m.
- Music on the Terrace at the Red Fox Inn & Tavern: Aug. 23
- Scenic Cinema at Salamander Resort & Spa: Aug. 23| 8:30 p.m.
- Middleburg Community Farmers Market: Aug. 24 | 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Butcher’s Block Brunch & Bubbles at Harrimans Virginia Piedmont Grill: Aug. 24 | 9 a.m.-noon
- A Classic Salad Nicoise Class at Salamander Resort & Spa: Aug. 24 | 2-4 p.m.
- Water Yoga Workshop at Salamander Resort & Spa: Aug. 25 | 8-9 a.m.
- Free Community Day at the National Sporting Library & Museum: Aug. 25 | 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Poolside Yoga with Mindy at Goodstone Inn & Restaurant: Aug. 25| 10-11 a.m.
- Wine 103: Food Pairing at Boxwood Estate Winery: Aug. 25 | 1-2:30 p.m.
- Carriage Rides with Doc & Molly: Aug. 25 | 2-5 p.m.
- Sounds of Salamander at Salamander Resort & Spa: Aug. 25 | 4-7 p.m