18 Things to Do in Middleburg This Weekend
— Check out our picks for April 26-28, including “Concert on the Steps” at the Middleburg Community Center, the Budbreak Festival at Cana Vineyards, “Legally Blonde” at Foxcroft, the Middleburg Hunt Point-to-Point, and more.
The Wall & Frye Band will be performing at an evening filled with fun live music, light bites by the Locke Store and beverages by the Middleburg Lions Club. Bring your friends and family for a community favorite! This event is free, family friendly and open to the public.
Raise a glass to spring in the vineyard! Celebrate the beginning of the 2019 winemaking season at Cana’s 4th Annual Budbreak Festival, featuring food vendors, craft vendors, and plenty of good cheer! Join Cana winemaker Melanie for a guided rosé tasting featuring some of their favorite rosés from around the world, and be the first to try their 2018 rosé. Who’s ready for a weekend of pink wine and sunshine?
Join Foxcroft School for the spring performing arts production of “Legally Blonde — The Musical” presented by the Fine Arts Department and Foxcroft Mainstage class. Performances are schedule for April 26 and 27 at 7:30pm in FoxHound Auditorium.
Join the Middleburg Hunt for a day in the country to enjoy the exciting sport of steeplechase racing at one of the most beautiful race courses in the nation. Glenwood Park is known for offering spectators a spectacular view of the racing action. This year’s race card once again includes racing over the timber course, the hurdle course and on the flat.
Also this weekend
- “Haiku, Poem of Spring” at The Byrne Gallery: Through April 28
- “Deconstructed: The NSLM Sporting Screen” at the National Sporting Library & Museum: Through Sept. 15
- “NSLMology: the Science of Sporting Art” at the National Sporting Library & Museum: Through Sept. 15
- Happy Hour at Zest: April 26 | 3-6 p.m.
- National Superhero Weekend at Three Fox Vineyards: April 26-28
- The Road to Richmond: The Battle of Spotsylvania Court House: April 26 & 27
- Arbor Day Celebration at The Hill School: April 27 | 9 a.m.
- National Drug Take-Back Day and Used Battery Collection at the Town Office: April 27 | 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- “NSLMology” Family Day at the National Sporting Library & Museum: April 27 | 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- The Ultimate Crab Cake Dinner Class at Salamander Resort & Spa: April 27 | 2-4 p.m.
- SlowFoodVastWine 2019 at the Middleburg Community Center: April 27 | 5-11 p.m.
- Middleburg Humane Foundation’s Blue Jean Ball at Fox Chase Farm: April 27 | 6-11 p.m.
- Paint Nite! at Three Fox Vineyards: April 28 | 2-4 p.m.
- Free Community Day at the National Sporting Library & Museum: April 28 | 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Reception for “Il Fiore, The Flowers of Italy: Nature, Imagery, and Symbolism” at The Byrne Gallery: May 4 | 5-8 p.m.
The Byrne Gallery is proud to present “Il Fiore, The Flowers of Italy: Nature, Imagery, and Symbolism,” a new exhibition of oil paintings by Sandra Iafrate for the months of May and June. The exhibit explores both the wild and cultivated the flowers of Italy that are so much a part of the landscape and culture, and are ever-so-apparent in every Italian art form. Please join us for a special reception for the artist on Saturday, May 4, from 5-8 p.m. This event is open to the public and everyone is invited to attend! The show will open on May 1 and continue through June 30.
- Family Storytime at Middleburg Library: April 29 | 11 a.m.-noon
- Maker Monday at Middleburg Library: April 29 | 4-5 p.m.
- Julie Vos Trunk Show at Creme de la Creme: April 30-May 3
- Teacher Tuesdays at Hunter’s Head Tavern: April 30 | 11 a.m.-9:30 p.m.
- Musical Storytime at the Middleburg Library: May 1 | 11 a.m.-noon
- Gallery Talk at the National Sporting Library & Museum: May 1 | 2-2:30 p.m.
- Library Lab at Middleburg Library: May 1 | 4-5 p.m.
- “Stomp Out the Silence” Stewards of Children Training at Middleburg Library: May 1 | 6:45-9 p.m.
- Happy Hour at Zest: May 3 | 3-6 p.m.
- Opening Day of the Middleburg Community Farmers Market: May 1 | 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Cinderella’s Ball at the Middleburg Community Center: May 5 | 1:30-3:30 p.m.
- Sunday Sketch with Ruthie Windsor-Mann at the National Sporting Library & Museum: May 5 | 2-4 p.m.
- Art Opening at Middleburg Common Grounds: May 5 | 3:30-5:30 p.m.
- “The Living Poets Society” at Emmanuel Episcopal Church: May 12 | 3 p.m.
- Grand Opening Celebration at Northwest Federal Credit Union: May 22 | 1-3 p.m.