Things to Do in Middleburg This Weekend
— Check out our picks for April 19-21, including the Middleburg Spring Races, Easter festivities, and more.
The Middleburg Spring Races have become the quintessential event to welcome spring to Virginia, synonymous with the blooming of the daffodils and dogwoods. Thousands come to see some of the nation’s most athletic thoroughbreds compete at high speeds over hedges and timber. The prestige of $190,000 in purse money brings the finest horses together for seven thrilling races. The Spring Races benefit Inova Loudoun Hospital, Glenwood Park Trust and local charities.
Hop on over and join Executive Pastry Chef Jason Reaves to learn how to bake and decorate Easter-themed sweets and cookies in your favorite holiday shapes. $79 per person. Reservations required; please call 540-326-4070.
Hosted at Greenhill’s historic club house, the Adult Easter Egg Hunt will take place at 2 p.m. sharp. Purchase tickets to hunt for a variety of prizes. Over 200 Eggs with prizes varying from candy, free glasses of wine, merchandise, to a golden egg prize and more! Ticket price includes 1 mimosa and access to Greenhill’s exclusive club house for the day.
Enjoy Easter brunch at The Red Fox! They’re serving a three-course Champagne brunch, featuring items including Virginia peanut soup, smoked duck hash and dark chocolate torte. Cost: $48 per person, $15 children under 10. Details and menu: redfox.com/easter.
Join Harrimans Virginia Piedmont Grill for a festive family-style feast with springtime favorites for a special Easter dinner. Served for sharing, enjoy time with your loved ones over a delicious dinner while taking in the sweeping views of the Virginia countryside, and visits from the Easter bunny himself.
Also this weekend
- “Haiku, Poem of Spring” at The Byrne Gallery: Through April 28
- “Deconstructed: The NSLM Sporting Screen” at the National Sporting Library & Through Sept. 15
- “NSLMology: the Science of Sporting Art” at the National Sporting Library & Museum: Through Sept. 15
- Nutrena Nutrition Consultation at Tri-County Feeds, Fashions, Finds: April 19 | 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Easter Egg Roll at Three Fox Vineyards: April 20
- GPS Easter Egg Hunt at Salamander Resort & Spa: April 20 | 10 a.m.-noon
- Hoppy Honey Release at Old Ox Brewery: April 20 | 11 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Easter Egg Dying Class at Market Salamander: April 20 | 1-2:30 p.m.
- Live Music at Cana Vineyards: April 20 & 21 | 1-5 p.m.
- Easter Chocolate Liqueur Hunt at Salamander Resort & Spa: April 20 | 6-7 p.m.
- Comedy Show at Old Ox Brewery: April 20 | 7-9 p.m.
- Glow in the Dark Easter Egg Hunt at Salamander Resort & Spa: April 20 | 8-9 p.m.
- Happy Hour at Zest: April 19 | 3-6 p.m.
- Easter Sunday Brunch & Egg Hunt at Salamander Resort & Spa: April 21 | 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Easter Sunday Buffet at Market Salamander: April 21 | 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Easter Dinner at Girasole: April 21 | Noon-4:30 p.m.
Raise a glass to spring in the vineyard! Celebrate the beginning of the 2019 winemaking season at Cana’s 4th Annual Budbreak Festival, featuring food vendors, craft vendors, and plenty of good cheer! Join Cana winemaker Melanie for a guided rosé tasting featuring some of their favorite rosés from around the world, and be the first to try their 2018 rosé. Who’s ready for a weekend of pink wine and sunshine?
Join Foxcroft School for the spring performing arts production of “Legally Blonde — The Musical” presented by the Fine Arts Department and Foxcroft Mainstage class. Performances are schedule for April 26 and 27 at 7:30pm in FoxHound Auditorium.
Join the Middleburg Hunt for a day in the country to enjoy the exciting sport of steeplechase racing at one of the most beautiful race courses in the nation. Glenwood Park is known for offering spectators a spectacular view of the racing action. This year’s race card once again includes racing over the timber course, the hurdle course and on the flat.
- Family Storytime at Middleburg Library: April 22 | 11 a.m.-noon
- Maker Monday at Middleburg Library: April 22 | 4-5 p.m.
- Teacher Tuesdays at Hunter’s Head Tavern: April 23 | 11 a.m.-9:30 p.m.
- Musical Storytime at the Middleburg Library: April 24 | 11 a.m.-noon
- Gallery Talk at the National Sporting Library & Museum: April 24 | 2-2:30 p.m.
- Library Lab at Middleburg Library: April 24 | 4-5 p.m.
- Great Decisions Discussion Group on “The Rise of Populism in Europe” at the Middleburg Library: April 24 | 7-9 p.m.
- Happy Hour at Zest: April 26 | 3-6 p.m.
- National Superhero Weekend at Three Fox Vineyards: April 26-28
- The Road to Richmond: The Battle of Spotsylvania Court House: April 26 & 27
- Arbor Day Celebration at The Hill School: April 27 | 9 a.m.
- National Drug Take-Back Day and Used Battery Collection at the Town Office: April 27
- The Ultimate Crab Cake Dinner Class at Salamander Resort & Spa: April 27 | 2-4 p.m.
- Rose Weekend at Cana Vineyards & Winery: April 27 & 28
- Paint Nite! at Three Fox Vineyards: April 28 | 2-4 p.m.
- Julie Vos Trunk Show at Creme de la Creme: April 30-May 3