— Middleburg’s traditional July 4th celebration is back this year, and the summer fun continues all month long, including art exhibits, equestrian events, a special ballet performance, and more. Here’s our roundup of the events you won’t want to miss this month.
“An Homage to Our Seas: the Water, the Reefs and the Sea Life” at The Artists in Middleburg: Through July 25
Join The Artists in Middleburg for their latest exhibit, “An Homage to Our Seas: the Water, the Reefs and the Sea Life.”
Trivia at Old Ox Brewery: Thursdays | 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Trivia is back and Okayer than ever at Old Ox Brewery in Middleburg! It’s free to play, with prizes for the top three teams of the night. Teams can be comprised of up to 8 players so round up your crew and see if you have what it takes to be the World’s Okayest Trivia Champs!
4th of July Festival at Lost Barrel Brewing: July 1-5
Join Lost Barrel Brewing to celebrate the 4th of July weekend! All weekend long, they will have outdoor games, food and drink specials, live music and so much more! Plus, enjoy happy hour specials, music trivia, DJs, snow cones, hard seltzer cones, cotton candy, popcorn, a glitter tattoo artist, and more. Check the full schedule online.
“To The Beach!” at The Byrne Gallery: July 3-Aug. 31
The Byrne Gallery is proud to present “To The Beach!” celebrating summer at its best! For July and August, this oil-on-canvas exhibition features majestic seascapes and serene dune paintings by Gerald Hennesy, Shawn Hennesy and Lida Matheson Stifel. These well-known Virginia plein air painters feature the soothing power of the surf, the delightful calm of breaking waves, and the joys of blue skies and warm weather of summer.
A reception for the artists will be held Saturday, July 24th from 4-7 p.m. and everyone is cordially invited to attend and enjoy!
Twilight Polo at Great Meadow: Saturdays
Bring your family, friends, and coworkers out for an evening in Virginia horse country at the Greenhill Stadium in The Plains. Experience an authentic sunset watching three polo matches, picnicking, drinking wine, watching the kids play giant tug o’ war, and dancing the night away! One pass admits an entire car load of family and friends.
- • July 3: Military Appreciation
- • July 10: Camouflage Night
- • July 17: School Spirit
- • July 24: Denim & Diamonds
- • July 31: Disney Plus Party
Middleburg Community Center 4th of July Celebration: July 4 | 11 a.m.-9:45 p.m.
Put on your patriotic best and join your friends and neighbors to celebrate the birthday of the United States with a day full of activities! After a year of seclusion and uncertainties, we so greatly look forward to joining together in the celebration of our nation’s independence.
This event is free and open to the public. If you plan to camp out all day or desire a front row seat to the fireworks extravaganza, reserve an exclusive picnic table with an umbrella that can seat up to six for $125. Table reservations are available 11 a.m.-grand finale of the fireworks. Reserve online at eventbrite.com.
The community center pool will be open from 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Children’s parade starts at 6 p.m. (register at email@example.com and line up at 5:30 p.m. to participate).
There will be food and beverages for sale from 4-8 p.m. or until food runs out, including BBQ (pre-ordering online recommended), hot dogs, burgers, beer, wine, and ice cream. Amusements, including bouncy houses and inflatables, will run from 4-9 p.m.
Plus, free live music from 3:30-5:30 p.m. by Up All Night and headliner Junk Food from 6-9 p.m.
Sunday Polo at Great Meadow: Sundays
Enjoy Virginia’s best polo at the Sheila C. Johnson Polo Field at Great Meadow in the Plains. Virginia United Polo will hold action-packed games every Sunday during the summer Polo season (June-September). Gates open at 10 a.m.
Independence Day BBQ & Celebration at Salamander Resort & Spa: July 4 | 5-9 p.m.
Celebrate July Fourth with a traditional backyard BBQ! Listen to live music, face painting for the kids, play fun lawn games and test your skills at a pirate-themed Escape Room while enjoying traditional BBQ favorites like freshly sliced watermelon, fresh salads, burgers, hot dogs, herb marinated chicken and endless desserts before watching the firework display.
$80 per ticket (12 & up), $30 per child (3 -11 years old).
Cash bar available. Ticket price includes parking.
Questions? Call 540-326-4070 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fireworks at Great Meadow: July 4 | 6 p.m.
For the 32nd year, Great Meadow hosts northern Virginia’s best fireworks show from the depths of its internationally acclaimed steeplechase course. Watch the entire course and property light up in magnificent patriotic colors! The show begins at dark, lasts 25 minutes, and is accompanied by a musical score!
Celebrate American independence with an evening of family and friends, music, food, and fun!
Tickets: $40 (admits one car of up to 5 people.)
VIP Reception at Salamander Resort & Spa: July 4 | 6-10 p.m.
Join Salamander Resort & Spa under the bistro lights of the Culinary Garden for a patriotic soiree to celebrate Independence Day. Enjoy lively action stations and a bar outside, then settle in for a firework display.
$225 per guest, inclusive of food and alcohol. 21+ only.
Ticket price includes parking.
Questions? Call 540-326-4070 or email email@example.com.
No refunds. Event will take place rain or shine.
Outdoor Family Storytime at Middleburg Library: Tuesdays | 10:30-11 a.m.
Bring a blanket and join the Middleburg Library for stories and songs. Canceled in case of rain or temperatures above 90 degrees. For children of all ages, with a caregiver. Face masks welcome.
“Nature Composed 101: Permaculture” at Nature Composed: July 9 | 4-5 p.m.
Join Jenn Pineau as she teaches guests everything they need to know about permaculture gardening and landscaping.
Guests will be allowed to stay for a Q&A with Jenn following the lecture and demonstration.
Guests will also receive a 10% off coupon to shop from 5-6 p.m. in a private store event that day.
“ABT Across America” at Salamander Resort & Spa: July 19 | 5 & 8 p.m.
This summer, American Ballet Theatre will bring 20 acclaimed artists to Salamander Resort & Spa for two can’t-miss, captivating performances as part of the company’s cross-country road trip, ABT Across America, traveling to 8 U.S. cities this July. These unique outdoor presentations are among the first live performances for ABT in over a year. Ticket proceeds go to the Middleburg Community Center’s Art Program. Performances at 5 and 8 p.m. (Rain date: Tuesday, July 20)
Open Late Concert Series with the Bryan Shepherd Country Band at the National Sporting Library & Museum: July 30 | 6-8 p.m.
Bring your chairs or blanket and enjoy a free concert on the lawn of the National Sporting Library & Museum. The concert and museum admission are free and open to the public from 6-8 p.m. Picnics are welcome but no glass containers or outside alcohol is permitted. Concessions will be available, and there is free parking onsite. Pets must be leashed.
We invite you to visit the town of Middleburg early to participate in a scavenger hunt across the town supporting local businesses. Participants will get a prize for participation, as well as have the opportunity to win an ultimate prize for completing the scavenger hunt.
Brought to you in part by the Town of Middleburg.
Also this month:
- • Adult Water Yoga at the Middleburg Community Center: Fridays | 9:30-10:30 a.m.
- • Live Music by Tom O’Neil at Lost Barrel Brewing: July 2 | 5-8 p.m.
- • “Scenic Cinema: Sandlot” at Salamander Resort & Spa: July 2 | 8:30 p.m.
- • 5K Fun Run at Salamander Resort & Spa: July 3 | 8 a.m.
- • Foraging Hike at Salamander Resort & Spa: July 3, 10 & 24 | 9:30-11:30 a.m.
- • Live Music by Warren Hayford at Lost Barrel Brewing: July 3 | 5-8 p.m.
- • Omar’s Brunch at Lost Barrel Brewing: Sundays | noon-4 p.m.
- • Live Music by The Plate Scrapers at Lost Barrel Brewing: July 4 | 1-4 p.m.
- • “Sunday FUNDay: The USO 4th of July Edition” at Lost Barrel Brewing: July 4 | 2-5 p.m.
- • Live Music by Robert Mabe at Lost Barrel Brewing: July 5 | 2-5 p.m.
- • Live Music by The Crooked Angels at Lost Barrel Brewing: July 9 | 5-8 p.m.
- • Live Music by Nate Clendenen at Lost Barrel Brewing: July 10 | 5-8 p.m.
- • Free Bash Boxing Pop Up Workout at Lost Barrel Brewing: July 11 | 10-10:45 a.m.
- • Adult Book Club at Middleburg Library: July 12 | 7-8 p.m.
- • The International Fly Fishing Film Festival® at the National Sporting Library & Museum: July 15
- • Live Music by Jim Steele at Lost Barrel Brewing: July 16 | 5-8 p.m.
- • “Vermicomposting Workshop – Transform Your Garden” at Nature Composed: July 17 | 10-11 a.m.
- • Live Music by Robert Mabe at Lost Barrel Brewing: July 17 | 5-8 p.m.
- • Live Music by Chris Bone at Lost Barrel Brewing: July 23 | 5-8 p.m.
- • “Doc Saffer Series: Dive In Movie” at the Middleburg Community Center: July 23 | 6-9 p.m.
- • Live Music by Warren Hayford at Lost Barrel Brewing: July 24 | 5-8 p.m.
- • Live Music by Luke Andrews at Lost Barrel Brewing: July 30 | 5-8 p.m.
- • Cars & Coffee at Lost Barrel Brewing: July 31 | 9-11 a.m.
- • Live Music by Chris Bone at Lost Barrel Brewing: July 31 | 5-8 p.m.
- • Adult Water Yoga at the Middleburg Community Center: Fridays | Fridays Through Sept. 3
- • Pool Open at Middleburg Community Center: Through Sept. 6
- • “Field Notes | Walter Matia” at the National Sporting Library & Museum: Through Jan. 9, 2022
- • “Tucker Smith: A Celebration of Nature” at the National Sporting Library & Museum: Through Aug. 22
Please check out our online calendar for even more upcoming events!