— Annual Summer Sidewalk Sale returns with bargains for everyone
Middleburg, the quaint historic town nestled in Virginia’s horse country, is also home to unique shops, boutiques, and restaurants. From August 6-8, many of the town’s retailers on Washington St., Madison St. and Federal St. will be moving discounted items to the tree-lined sidewalks for the 15th annual Summer Sidewalk Sale. The sale, sponsored by the Town of Middleburg and the Middleburg Business and Professional Association, will be held Friday-Saturday from 10 a.m.-5 p.m., and on Sunday as posted by shops.
Many of the unique shops in the village will have discounts on everything from shoes to children’s clothes to home decor, as well as specials in the local restaurants. Bargain hunters can arrive early to get the best deals or stay over at one of the inns in town. The Red Fox Inn, 540-687-6301, Goodstone Inn, 540-687-3333, Salamander Resort & Spa, 540-687-3600, and Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast, 703-327-5911, are accepting reservations.
Colorful balloons will be located outside participating stores. Shops with fantastic bargains include Crème de la Crème (pottery, ceramics, linens, etc.), Tully Rector (shoes, clothing, accessories, and beauty products), Zest (clothing and accessories), Lou Lou Too (accessories), C.D. Rigden & Son Country Classics (men’s and women’s clothing), Moda Lookbook (women’s clothing), The Christmas Sleigh (gifts and collectibles), and Chloe’s of Middleburg (women’s clothing boutique)—and many more one-of-a-kind stores never found in malls. Emmanuel Episcopal Church will be hosting a sale featuring new and used items from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, and on Sunday from noon-4 p.m.
At the west end, The Fun Shop (children’s clothing, party goods, decorative gifts), Middleburg’s answer to the department store has several rooms full of wonderful things. J.Mclaughlin (clothing and accessories), PLAYroom (toy store), Highcliffe Clothiers (men’s and women’s clothing), and Stitch (needlepoint shop) are also located on the west end of town. Middleburg also has many fine galleries and antique shops, such as the Byrne Gallery. Le Boudoir (lingerie) and the Community Shop (consignment) are located on Madison Street. The Tack Box will be offering discounts on equestrian related products such as riding gear and gifts.
The National Sporting Library & Museum on The Plains Road and Middleburg’s fine restaurants scattered along Washington Street and Federal Street offer a lovely respite from bargain hunting. There are several outdoor dining and curbside pick-up options available. Restaurants in town include The Red Fox Inn (contemporary American food), Cuppa Giddy Up (coffee and tea), Scruffy’s Ice Cream Parlor, Red Horse Tavern, The Bistro at Goodstone Inn, Middleburg Common Grounds (coffee, tea and sandwiches), Market Salamander (gourmet market and café), Middleburg Deli (sandwiches), Mt. Defiance Cidery & Distillery, Old Ox Brewery, Gold Cup Wine Bar, Harrimans Virginia Piedmont Grill, Side Saddle Café (farm market and café), Teddy’s Pizza (pizza and subs), Wild Hare Cider Pub, Upper Crust Bakery, Best Thai Kitchen, Thaiverse 2, Red Bar Sushi, and King Street Oyster Bar.
Visit our Facebook page for event updates. For additional information, please contact the Middleburg Town Office at 540-687-5152.
This year’s deals include:
- • Creme de la Creme: Discounts up to 80% off on brands like le Jacquard Francais, Valdrome, Vietri, and many more.
- • The Fun Shop: Patio deals: 50-75% off children’s clothes and 50% off assorted merchandise. Inside the store: 30% off children’s clothes; 25% off Cuisinart; 20% off Swiss Diamond, Emil Henri, mirrors and prints, furniture (not including tailgate), and summer garden clogs; 15% off flags; 10% off Scout; buy 2, get 1 half off Rothschild and Stonewall Kitchen products and Cooke Tavern soups. Loyalty program not in effect during sale.
- • Highcliffe Clothiers: Highcliffe will have a large array of goodies for men and women at great prices
- • The Tack Box: Open Friday and Saturday but closed Sunday. Offering 20% off summer apparel, fly sheets and sun shirts plus 75% off all clearance items. They are also going to have a fun game called “Pick, Play, Win” for a chance to win additional savings and a raffle.
- • Zest: $10, $20, $30 sale racks. 25% off select summer merchandise. Sale includes brands such as Free People, Z Supply, Level 99 Denim, 525 Sweaters, AG Denim, BB Dakota, and more!