Voting begins for MBPA Board
— Members of the Middleburg Business and Professional Association had the opportunity Tuesday night to cast their ballots at the association’s monthly Biz Buzz networking event, held at the Middleburg Community Center.
There are five candidates on the ballot for four seats on MBPA’s board of directors, including current board members Bob Ball of Middleburg Millwork Inc. Lumber & Hardware and Alex Fleming of Yount Hyde & Barbour, as well as Shelly Betz of Foxcroft School, John Kiernan of Golden Rule Builders and Natalie Lacaze of Sonabank. The winners will hold office from Jan. 1, 2019, to Dec. 31, 2020.
Ballots, which have also been distributed electronically to current MBPA members, must be returned by Oct. 26. MBPA members who have not received a ballot should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Oct. 9 Biz Buzz, which was co-hosted by the Middleburg Community Center and UBS Financial Services, featured beer by Old Ox Brewery, which is slated to open a tasting room and beer garden in town next year. Other new businesses in town highlighted at the meeting included Moda Lookbook and Lenhill Silver Gallery.
October is a busy month for Middleburg, with several major events including:
- Parents Weekend at Foxcroft School (Oct. 12-14): Between visiting classes, cheering for FXC during the athletic competitions, bidding on a fantastic catalog or items in the Parents’ Association silent auction, and having individual appointments with teachers, parents will get a firsthand look at their daughters’ lives at Foxcroft.
- Virginia Fall Races (Oct. 13): Come witness the nation’s top jump racing horses and riders as they compete over timber, brush and turf courses at Glenwood Park.
- Middleburg Film Festival (Oct. 18-21): Join us for a carefully curated selection of narrative and documentary films screen in intimate theatre venues, followed by fascinating Q and A’s with world-renowned filmmakers, actors and other special guests. Click here to purchase advance ticket packages.
- Aldie Harvest Wine & Food Festival (Oct. 20): Don’t miss the Aldie Harvest Festival and duck race! Vendors featuring antiques, crafts, jewelry and collectibles. Historic and civic organizations will highlight notable events and people in local history!
- Hot Dog! It’s Halloween (Oct. 31): Come in your best costume for the annual MCC “Hot Dog, It’s Halloween!” Hot dog dinner will be provided, as well as goodie bags for the kiddos. Kids parade led by the Middleburg Business and Professional Association starts at 5 p.m. from the community center. Entry is free, bring your friends and get ready to have a spooktacular time!
The next Biz Buzz will be held Nov. 13 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at Middleburg Bank. See you there!