40+ Things to Do this February in Middleburg, Virginia
— Don’t let the winter blues get you down! We’ve got all sorts of fun activities in Middleburg this month to keep you moving, from yoga to ballroom dancing. Plus, we have lots of ways for you to experience the romance of Middleburg with your valentine and places to watch the big game. Check out our list of the events you won’t want to miss this month:
Witness as the top AFC and NFC football teams battle for the right to be called champions. Enjoy local beer and house-brined Wings Empowered at Gold Cup while watching the game on three large televisions near the fireplace and playing a game of pool in Salamander’s billiards room. You also can take a more relaxed approach as you relax in our living room while watching the game in there as well. Seating is on a first-come, first-serve basis. For additional information, please call 540-326-4070.
Paint your furry loved one at the Middleburg Library! Bring an 8.5-by-11-inch picture of a pet to create an abstract portrait with acrylic paints. Supplies will be provided. For Grade 9-adult. This program is free and open to the public; registration is not required.
3. Paint Nite: Light As Feather Wine Bottle with Fairy Lights at Three Fox Vineyards: Feb. 3 | 2-4 p.m.
Join Three Fox Vineyards for a little twist on Paint Nite — they will be painting wine bottles! You will be instructed how to paint this beautiful wine bottle in whatever color theme you choose or stick with the chosen colors. Bottle colors may differ. Once complete, Three Fox will add a cork topper that has twinkle lights attached with an on/off switch. All materials are included. No experience necessary!
Enjoy the movie “Wonder,” presented by the Hill School Committee on Culture and Inclusion and the Education and School Life Committee. Free for the whole family. Popcorn, drinks, pizza and discussion after the movie. Rated PG.
It’s time to buy your tickets to the annual All-School Talent Show. Please join us for a fun-filled evening with talent from all three divisions as well as parents and faculty! As is tradition, the 11th grade and their advisors will be hosting the event as a fundraiser for the JR/SR Prom.
Beat the winter blues and join 50 West for Jazz in the Hills. Enjoy music by Mangione and Benton Jazz and Tavous Music. During Jazz in the Hills, they will feature soups and delicious bread and cheese baskets paired with their wines.
The Middleburg Humane Foundation wants to extend Valentine’s Day love with YOU, and what could be better than a Spay-ghetti dinner and music? Proceeds from this fun Italian dinner and raffle will support the MHF Community Cats Trap/Neuter/Return program and their low-cost spay-neuter program for low-income families. Order your tickets now — they sold out quickly last year!
Come to the Middleburg Community Center for an annual favorite, BINGO night! Tickets are $35 and include bingo cards, chili dinner, raffle ticket, and drink ticket. Additional drink tickets, bingo cards and 50/50 raffle tickets will also be available for purchase. Prizes will be awarded to Bingo winners! This event sells out every year, so be sure to get your tickets now. RSVP by Feb. 6 to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 540-687-6373.
Make this romantic holiday unforgettable and treat your Valentine to an elegant dinner at Harrimans. Gaze upon sweeping views of the Virginia countryside while indulging in an enchanting five-course dinner created by Executive Chef Ryan Arensdorf. After dinner, indulge in a custom confection for two created by Executive Pastry Chef Jason Reaves.
Celebrate love at The Red Fox by treating your sweetheart to a five-course game and seafood dinner this Valentine’s Day! $175 per person, including sparkling toast. Adults only. The menu includes oysters on the half shell, lobster bisque, a duet of game, and cranberry and dark chocolate bread pudding.
Join the town of Middleburg Feb. 15-17 for the 8th annual Winter Weekend Sale. During the Winter Weekend Sale, visitors will be able to hunt for some wonderful gifts for themselves and others while experiencing the small town charm of Middleburg. The sale, sponsored by the Town of Middleburg and the Middleburg Business & Professional Association, will be held Friday and Saturday from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. and Sunday as posted by shops.
Attend an exclusive wine dinner at The Conche as they partner with Greenhill Winery and Vineyards. The dinner will feature seven Greenhill wines with carefully selected pairings. This dinner will be the perfect date night to gift your significant other for Valentine’s Day!
Join us for this annual event featuring local artists and benefitting Middleburg Montessori School. VIP tickets with an early showing starting at 5 p.m. are $50. General admission tickets are $25. Click here to purchase tickets.
Also this month:
- Gallery Talks at the National Sporting Library & Museum: Wednesdays | 2-3 p.m.
- Adult Hot Chocolate Bar at Gold Cup: Saturdays | 3-5 p.m.
- Happy Hour at Hunter’s Head Tavern: Monday-Thursday | 3-6 p.m.
- Chocolate and Wine Tastings at Greenhill Winery & Vineyards: Daily | Noon-6 p.m.
- Carriage Rides with Molly & Doc at Greenhill Winery & Vineyards: Sundays | 1-4 p.m.
- Tailgating 101 at Salamander Resort & Spa: Feb. 2 | 2-4 p.m.
- Meet the Chocolatier at Greenhill Winery & Vineyards: Feb. 2 | 2-4 p.m.
- Big Game Weekend at Three Fox Vineyards: Feb. 2 & 3
- Sunday Sketch at the National Sporting Library & Museum: Feb. 3 | 2-4 p.m.
- Winter Wine Dinner at Front Porch: Feb. 7 | 6-9 p.m.
- Winter Woes Client Education Seminar at Tri-County Feeds, Fashions, Finds: Feb. 9 | 9 a.m.-noon
- Ballroom Dance Class at Salamander Resort & Spa: Feb. 9 | 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Partner Yoga Workshop at Salamander Resort & Spa: Feb. 9 | 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Truffle & Bubbles Pairing at Salamander Resort & Spa: Feb. 9 | 2-4 p.m.
- Célébrer L’amour Valentine Tasting at Boxwood Winery: Feb: 9 & 10 | 4-5 p.m.
- “Won’t You Be My Neighbor?” Special Screening at Wakefield School: Feb. 11 | 5:30-8:30 p.m.
- Biz Buzz at The Hill School: Feb. 12 | 5 30-7:30 p.m.
- “Romantic Dinner at Home” at Market Salamander: Feb. 13-16 | 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Valentine’s Dinner For Two at Hunter’s Head Tavern: Feb. 14 | 5-9:30 p.m.
- Meditation & Yoga at Salamander Resort & Spa: Feb. 16 | 8-9 a.m.
- Dinner and Jazz at Salamander Resort & Spa: Feb. 16 | 6-9 p.m.
- Around the World Tasting Featuring Sauvignon Blanc at 50 West: Feb. 16 & 17 | 11 a.m.
- Brunch with Marcus Johnson at Salamander Resort & Spa: Feb. 17 | 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Paint Nite Red Wine Still Life at Three Fox Vineyards: Feb. 17 | 2-4 p.m.
- “Rancher, Farmer, Fisherman” at The Hill School: Feb. 22 | 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Benefit Concert and Gala with A Place to Be: Feb. 23 |7-9 p.m.
- Expedition K2M: The STEM Summit 2019 at Foxcroft School: Feb 23 | 8:30 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Coffee with the Curator: “Sidesaddle, 1690-1935” at the National Sporting Library & Museum: Feb. 23 | 10-11:30 a.m.
- Gnocchi Madness Class at Salamander Resort & Spa: Feb. 23 | 2-4 p.m.
- Free Community Day at the National Sporting Library & Museum: Feb. 24 | 10 a.m.-5 p.m.