30+ Things to Do in Middleburg in December
— If you’ve been to Christmas in Middleburg, you know exactly why Garden & Gun dubbed Middleburg the “South’s most charming Christmas town.” But Christmas in Middleburg just marks the start of holiday festivities here, so don’t miss out on the other great events we have going on this month. Here’s our rundown of the events you won’t want to miss!
Middleburg is the perfect setting for evoking the Christmas spirit — tree lighting, a Christmas parade, shopping, caroling, and so much more. Stay at one of the picturesque inns or the incomparable Salamander Resort & Spa. Relax in the countryside without missing a moment of the Christmas magic.
Join one of the most fun-filled family festivals of the year in Middleburg with activities, special events, great eats, the famous Middleburg Hunt Review, a mile-long Christmas parade.
While you’re doing your holiday shopping this year, be sure to stop in two new pop-up shops this holiday season: Middleburg Humane and Another Blue Moon. Another Blue Moon, located at 15 S. Madison Street, will feature furniture, antiques, accessories and more. The store will be open weekends 10 a.m.-4 p.m. and Tuesday-Thursday by appointment. Middleburg Humane’s pop-up shop at 6 S. Madison Street will feature unique and upscale furniture, one-of-a-kind decorator items, artwork, jewelry and clothing, and Christmas decorations. All proceeds benefit their shelter animals. The store will be open 11 a.m.-4 p.m. until Dec. 24.
Visit with Santa and his elves while enjoying a delicious brunch in Salamander’s winter wonderland. Salamander’s ballroom transforms into Santa’s workshop where you’ll enjoy a brunch featuring sweet and savory favorites, a make-your-own holiday keepsake designing station, as well as a photo opportunity with Santa Claus himself. $55 per person, $30 for children. Reservations are required, please call 540-326-4070.
Artists in Middleburg and jurors Tony Barham, Terri Parent and William Walsh invite you to AiM’s current juried exhibition — GASP: Great Art Small Prices.
Jenn Pineau of Nature Composed is coming to the feed store to lead a holiday wreath-making experience. Participants will learn the art of garland & wreath making from forage to finish, while enjoying cookies and beverages. Bring your own personal feature and make your wreath your own. Join us for an afternoon of merriment!
In the midst of the holiday craziness, grab a girlfriend, a sister, a daughter, your mom. Come and enjoy an unforgettable night of celebration, music, laughter and inspiration. Ellie Lofaro, internationally acclaimed author and speaker, will have you in stitches and in tears while pointing you to the true meaning of Christmas.
With over 8 million recordings and 3 Grammy nominations, the women of Point of Grace have provided a soundtrack to our lives for over 2 decades. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to hear them live! This event WILL sell out!
Advance tickets only. $25 suggested donation. If able, please give more. All proceeds will be donated to International Justice Mission to combat human slavery and trafficking.
Experience the magic and wonder of A Place To Be through the voices and heartfelt performances of their clients and music therapists. It’s a holiday concert you will not forget! The event is FREE!
Perfect for the entire family, join Market Salamander to decorate your favorite holiday cookies to take home! $25 per person and reservations are required. To reserve, please call 540-687-8011.
Join us at Harrimans for a festive Christmas family-style dinner. Served for sharing, enjoy classics such as Alaskan plank salmon, Virginia honey-glazed ham, house-made fixings, and indulgent desserts. $89 per person, $45 per child. Reservations are required, please call 540-326-4070.
Treat yourself to one of the most classic pairings, champagne and caviar. In this class, taste multiple types of caviar and learn what makes each one special. Each caviar also will be paired with a different champagne to enhance the flavor profile of each. $79 per person. Reservations required, please call 540-326-4070.
Say farewell to 2018 and toast to 2019 with Salamander Resort & Spa for a jovial celebration. Their party will take over the living room with live music, dancing, all-you-can-enjoy hors d’oeuvres, an open Belvedere ice bar, and a complimentary Moët champagne toast at midnight during the balloon drop. $119 per person. Must be 21 years of age. Reservations required, please call 540-326-4070.
On New Year’s Eve, Chef Patierno will feature a four-course, fixed-price dinner. Each course has several options, so there’s certain to be something to please every palate. Seatings are from 5-10 p.m. The cost is $90 per person, exclusive of beverages, tax, and gratuity.
Also this Month:
- Holiday Party at 50 West: Dec. 1 | 11-6:30 p.m.
- Yoga & Breath Workshop at Salamander Resort & Spa: Dec. 1 | 11 a.m.- noon
- NSLM Open for Christmas in Middleburg: Dec. 1
- Friends and Family Open House at Amand’s Regal Canine: Dec. 1 | 9-6 p.m.
- Holiday Wine Trail: Dec. 1- Jan. 31
- Gift and Arts Sale at Girasole: Dec. 1-2 | Noon-5 p.m.
- Hot Chocolate Bar at Market Salamander: Dec. 1-31
- Gingerbread House Decorating at Market Salamander: Sundays | 1-3 p.m.
- Sugar Plum Fairy Luncheon at Salamander Resort & Spa: Dec. 2 | Noon-2 p.m.
- Traditional Christmas Pageant at Foxcroft School: Dec. 2 |2-3 p.m.
- Sunday Sketch at the National Sporting Library & Museum: Dec. 2 | 2-4 p.m.
- Holiday Wine Tasting with Jason Bise at Girasole: Dec. 2 | 3-5 p.m.
- Goodstone’s Farm & Vine Dinner Series: Dec. 5 | 6:30-9:30 p.m.
- Temari: The Art of Japanese Thread Balls at Middleburg Library: Dec. 6 | 6-9 p.m.
- 70th Anniversary Ball at the Middleburg Community Center: Dec. 8
- Ballroom Dance Class at Salamander Resort & Spa: Dec. 8 | 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Christmas Caroler Performance at Salamander Resort & Spa: Dec. 8 | 6 p.m.
- The Stroke Choir’s Holiday Recital at A Place to Be: Dec. 9 | 2-3:30 p.m.
- Santa Photos and Holiday Cookie Decorating at Gentle Harvest: Dec. 9 |10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Biz Buzz & MBPA Awards at Emmanuel Episcopal Church: Dec. 11 | 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Fake News Unraveled at Middleburg Library: Dec. 11 | 7-8:30 p.m.
- Salvation Army Holiday Charity Yoga at Salamander Resort & Spa: Dec. 15 | 11 a.m.-noon
- Community Christmas Lunch at Emmanuel Parish House: Dec. 15 | Noon-3 p.m.
- “A Christmas Serenade” at Middleburg United Methodist Church: Dec. 16 | 4 p.m.
- New Ideas for New Year Hors d’oeuvres at Salamander Resort & Spa: Dec. 28 | 2-4 p.m.
- New Year’s Eve Champagne Cocktail Class at Salamander Resort & Spa: Dec. 31 | 2-4 p.m.