— There’s something about Middleburg that feels like it’s straight out of a classic book, especially around Christmas time. This year, you’ll get that feeling more than ever, as you experience “A Dickens of a Christmas” in Middleburg.
Coming this December, this Dickens-themed Christmas experience will transport you back in time, so you’ll feel just like a character in Charles Dickens’ “A Christmas Carol.” The Dickens Christmas experience will include a theatrical performance, music, food, libations, and more throughout the month. Plus, look for more of your favorite holiday celebrations in Middleburg, including the Christmas in Middleburg parades, a window-decorating contest for local businesses, Christmas trees throughout town, and carriage rides.
The Dickens Christmas experience was announced at the Middleburg Business and Professional Association’s virtual Biz Buzz networking event, hosting by Playroom on Tuesday, July 13.
And you don’t have to wait until Christmas to have fun in Middleburg. The community calendar is chock-full of events throughout the summer and fall to keep you busy, including:
• Trivia at Old Ox Brewery (Thursdays | 6:30 p.m.): Join us at Old Ox for the Thursday Night Pints edition of World’s Okayest Trivia! It’s free to play and the top three teams of the night win prizes. Teams can be comprised of up to 8 players so round up your crew and see if you have what it takes to be the World’s Okayest Trivia Champs!
• Bryan Shepherd Country Band at the National Sporting Library & Museum (July 30 | 6-8 p.m.): Bring your chairs or blanket and enjoy a free concert by the Bryan Shepherd Country Band on the lawn of the National Sporting Library & Museum. The concert and museum admission are free and open to the public. Come early to participate in a scavenger hunt around town!
• Coffee & Cars at Middleburg Common Grounds (Saturdays | 7-9:30 a.m.): Come on down and bring whatever you would like to show off or to just meet up with a lot of great people with the same interests. Everything from classics to exotics to Jeeps and more!
• Cars & Coffee at Lost Barrel Brewing (July 31 | 9-11 a.m.): Join us for a car enthusiasts meetup at Lost Barrel Brewing! Bring your vehicle out on the last Saturday of each month from 9-11 a.m. All makes/models welcome.
• Cardboard Regatta & Late Swim at the Middleburg Community Center (July 23 | 5:30-8 p.m.): Teams will create boats out of cardboard and duct duct tape to compete for first place in the Middleburg Community Center pool. Registration required. Register your child’s boat online. There will also be pizza in the park, an ice cream truck and late swim! This event is free and open to the public.
• National Night Out at the Middleburg Community Center (Aug. 3 | 6-8 p.m.): National Night Out is an annual community-building campaign that promotes police-community partnerships and neighborhood camaraderie to make our neighborhoods safer, more caring places to live. This free community event will include food, drinks, prizes, late swimming at the MCC pool, and an opportunity to dunk Middleburg Town Manager Danny Davis and Middleburg Police Chief A.J. Panebianco.
• Middleburg’s Summer Sidewalk Sale (Aug. 6-8): Hunt for some wonderful bargains for yourself and your loved ones while experiencing the small town charm of Middleburg during our 15th annual Sidewalk Sale on Aug. 6-8! Shop early for the best selection!
• Oktoberfest (Sept. 18): Visit Middleburg to celebrate Oktoberfest and the arts amidst our richly historic town. This year’s event will extend up N. Madison Street!
If you’re visiting Middleburg over the weekend, be sure to stop by The Pink Box Visitors Center, now open Friday-Sunday. While you’re there, pick up a copy of the Town of Middleburg’s newly updated walking, dining and shopping guide.
And be sure to mark your calendar for the next in-person Biz Buzz, which will be held Aug. 10 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at Salamander Resort & Spa! This will be the Middleburg Business and Professional Association’s first in-person networking event this year, and we can’t wait to see you all face-to-face again!