— 2018 brought another year of positive change at the Middleburg Business and Professional Association, with new initiatives, a growing online presence and more.
The Middleburg Business and Professional Association continued to experience growth in many ways in 2018, including:
- A record-breaking 137 members
- A 5% increase in Facebook followers of the Visit Middleburg page, bringing the total followers to 5,525 by year’s end
- A 41.5% increase in Twitter followers for Visit Middleburg
- A 10.3% increase in website users, with more than 60,000 users in 2018 and growth in users from Arlington, Tysons, Leesburg, Ashburn, Burke, New York, Gainesville and Reston
- More than 1,000 subscribers to Visit Middleburg’s monthly e-newsletter
Also of note: Facebook ads in 2018 reached 18,048 people and Tweet impressions averaged more than 7,000 on a monthly basis.
In addition to MBPA’s online marketing initiatives, the association continued its highly successful monthly networking events, the distribution of event rack cards throughout the region and advertising in Piedmont Virginian, Middleburg Eccentric, the Middleburg Spring Races program, the Upperville Colt & Horse Show prize list, the Virginia Fall Races program, and the Middleburg Film Festival swag bag.
With the launch of MBPA’s new quarterly mailers aimed at advertising its non-retail members, the association was also able to reach potential customers in a new way.
All these efforts are being noticed, with Middleburg continuing to enjoy coverage in local and national media outlets. According to figures from Visit Loudoun, media coverage of Middleburg in 2018 was valued at more than $1 million, reaching a potential audience of more than 85 million people.
And that positive press coverage is already continuing in 2019, with Middleburg recently being named by Essence magazine as one of the top 5 luxury destinations in the world.
We’re just getting started for 2019, so if you want to be a part of what we’ve got going on, be sure to begin or renew your MBPA membership today!