Visit Middleburg during our Sidewalk Sale!
—Hunt for some wonderful bargains for yourself and your loved ones this weekend while experiencing the small town charm of Middleburg during our 11th annual Sidewalk Sale on Aug 4-6! The sale will be held Friday and Saturday from 10 a.m.–5 p.m. and Sunday as posted by shops.
The sale coincides with Virginia’s tax-free weekend. From Aug. 4-6, you can buy qualifying school supplies, clothing, shoes, hurricane and emergency preparedness items, and select energy-efficient products without paying state and local sales taxes on those items. You can find out more about what items qualify for the tax exemption here.
This event is sponsored by Middleburg Bank, the Town of Middleburg and the Middleburg Business and Professional Association.
Here’s a sampling of just some of the bargains you’ll find in town this weekend:
- Creme de la Creme: An assortment of sale items.
- Duchessa: 65% off summer wear, 25% off butterfly sandals and 15% off new fall transitions and accessories.
- The Fun Shop: Besides their wonderful sidewalk sale of 50-75% off, the WHOLE store will be 20% off (except for items already on sale!). Children’s summer clothes will also be 30% off! Also, as always, their Sunday Sidewalk Sale is inside!
- Highcliffe Clothiers: Almost everything in the store will be on sale, with savings of 25-75% off.
- Les Jardins de Bagatelle: Select ceramic on sale, select accessories at 20-40% off, select oil paintings for $50 each.
- Lou Lou: Select accessories and clothing up to 75% off, select bags and wallets 40% off.
- Market Salamander: 20% off sale on wine and all pantry items.
- Middleburg Common Grounds: Bring your receipt showing you purchased $50+ at a participating Middleburg Sidewalk Sale store and receive 5% off your purchase.
- Middleburg’s Finest Chocolates: 50% off select wines and gift items, plus select chocolates on sale.
- Popcorn Monkey: Shelf bags of Dark Chocolate Sea Salt $4, Buy 4 retro sodas and get the 5th free, and buy one savory bag, get 1 for $3.
- Richard Allen Clothing: All summer menswear 65% off, dress shirts: 1 for $60 or 3 for $150, sport coats and dress slacks 50% off, and 15% off new fall transitions and accessories.
- Salon Aubrey: Heavily discounted Edwin Jaeger collection high-quality sterling silver handcrafted razor sets imported from England are available on consignment at Highcliffe Clothiers. These make great gifts and are timeless pieces that could be passed down to future generations!
- Second Chapter Books: Will have bags outside that you can fill with books for $5 per bag, plus 60% of the sales outside will go toward the Middleburg Library. There will also be special discounts inside.
- Stitch: Bargain bins for canvases at 30-50% off are crammed with fun projects for the fall. They’ve continued discounts from their June “Belts for Britches” sale AND their “Christmas in July” sale!
- Tully Rector: Clothes up to 70% off, boots and shoes for $25 each, up to 50% off Paul Mayer shoes, cashmere up to 70% off, up to 70% off J Brand jeans.