Visit Middleburg during our Sidewalk Sale!
—Hunt for some wonderful bargains for yourself and your loved ones this weekend while experiencing the small town charm of Middleburg during our 12th annual Sidewalk Sale on Aug. 3-5! The sale will be held Friday and Saturday from 10 a.m.–5 p.m. and Sunday as posted by shops.
The sale coincides with Virginia’s tax-free weekend. From Aug. 3-5, you can buy qualifying school supplies, clothing, footwear, hurricane and emergency preparedness items, and select energy-efficient products without paying state and local sales taxes on those items. You can find out more about what items qualify for the tax exemption here.
You can also enter a raffle for a gift basket with a receipt showing $50+ proof of purchase during the sale from a participating store.
This event is sponsored by Sonabank, the Town of Middleburg and the Middleburg Business and Professional Association.
Here’s a sampling of just some of the bargains you’ll find in town this weekend:
- Creme de la Creme: Sale on a variety of home goods.
- Duchessa: Up to 65% off summer wear and 15% off new fall transitions and accessories.
- English Country Classics: sale on men’s and ladies’ clothing and accessories, including shirts, jackets, men’s short-sleeve shirts and ladies’ skirts and dresses.
- The Fun Shop: Sale on children’s and ladies’ clothing.
- Highcliffe Clothiers: 25-75% off select merchandise.
- Kriser’s Natural Pet: Sale on select items.
- Les Jardins de Bagatelle: Sale on select items.
- Market Salamander: Sale on select retail items.
- Middleburg Common Grounds: 10% off your purchase with a receipt showing $50+ proof of purchase during the sale from a participating store.
- Richard Allen Clothing: All summer menswear 65% off, dress shirts: 1 for $60 or 3 for $150, sport coats and dress slacks 50% off, and 15% off new fall transitions and accessories.
- Second Chapter Books: Will have bags outside that you can fill with books for $5 per bag, with a portion of the sales going toward the Middleburg Library. There will also be special discounts inside.
- Tully Rector: T-shirts for $25, jeans and clothing 50-70% off, make-up and skin care 50% off, shoes 50-70% off.
Other participating retailers include Aliloo & Son Rug Gallery, Le Boudoir, Imagine, J. McLaughlin, Red Bar Sushi and Thrift Store.