(From left to right) Jennifer Moore of the Mosby Heritage Area Association, Jay Trier of Richard Allen Clothing and Rosanna Smith of the Aldie Heritage Association at the February Biz Buzz at Salamander Resort & Spa.
The Middleburg Business and Professional Association’s monthly Biz Buzz got off to a great start this year at Salamander Resort & Spa on Feb. 10, as the association welcomed Philip Miller as its newest board member and nine new businesses that have joined the association’s ranks.
Miller currently serves as the marketing manager for Highcliffe Clothiers, which specializes in fine custom and tailored clothing for men and women. He takes over from Jane Motion, who resigned from the board.
Also new to the association are several local businesses, including Buchanan Hall, Empower Adventure, Focal Point Creative, Foxfire Antiquities and Objets D’Art, Middleburg Community Charter School, Middleburg Life, Native Barre Studio and Wakefield School.
MBPA Treasurer Mimi Dale Stein reported that MBPA currently has 78 members listed on its rolls — three times the number the association had at the same time last year — and more businesses are joining every day. If you haven’t joined yet, you can find more information about becoming a member here.
Christina Naramore, who serves as MBPA’s secretary, also noted that the Middleburg Young Professionals Association is looking for new members. Those interested in joining should contact MBPA at email@example.com.
The February Biz Buzz also highlighted a number of important upcoming events:
- Winter Sidewalk Sale (Feb.13-15): There are great deals throughout town during our annual weekend sale event, including BOGO whole chickens and sausages at Home Farm. Visit MBPA’s Facebook page for more details.
- Art of the Piedmont (Feb. 20): This year’s art auction features 20 local artists and will be held from 5:30-8:30 p.m. at the Middleburg Community Center.
- Craig Czury poetry reading (Feb. 21): Craig Czury will be doing a poetry reading at Artists in Middleburg’s new location at 102 W. Washington St. on Feb. 21 from 4-6 p.m.
- Wine Tasting (March 8): Greenhill Winery & Vineyard and Salamander Resort have planned a wine tasting event on March 8 from 4-7 p.m. at Greenhill’s private Club House. The event is being held in anticipation of the Esther Everhart Memorial Invitational side saddle race, which is scheduled for 12 p.m. on April 12 at the 49th annual Loudoun Point-to-Point at Oatlands Plantation in Leesburg.
- Shakespeare in the ‘Burg (March 27-29): The annual festival features performances by the American Shakespeare Center actors, as well as stagecraft and acting workshops and a One Act Playwriting Competition. Other features include special menus at local restaurants, wine tastings, a movie night with hors d’ oeuvres, and more! Visit shakespeareintheburg.com for more details about the event and sponsorships.
- Middleburg Hunt’s Point-to-Point (April 28): The steeplechase race at Glenwood Park includes racing over the timber course, the hurdle course and on the flat. Businesses interested in advertising in the Point-to-Point program should contact Cathy Spicer at (703)728-0545 (cell), (703)327-3935 (home) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit Loudoun’s 19th Annual Meeting & Tourism Awards Luncheon (May 4): Visit Loudoun will hold its annual meeting honoring Loudoun’s Tourism Industry at Salamander Resort from 11:30 a.m.- 2 p.m. Nominees for the awards are due March 12.
- Open Late (Fourth Fridays in May-September): The Open Late series will take place on the fourth Friday of the months of May-September at the National Sporting Library & Museum, which will keep its galleries open until 8 p.m. and host an open-air concert on its lawn. NSLM is seeking to partner with local businesses for the event. Those interested in learning more or getting involved should contact Alex McKay at email@example.com.
- Great Meadow International (June 19-21): Great Meadow is hosting one of the most significant events for the Land Rover U.S. Eventing Team: the final preparation trials for the top horses and rider combinations who will represent the United States at the upcoming Pan Am Games in Toronto, Canada, and a CIC3* Eventing Competition. For more information about the event and sponsorship opportunities, please visit greatmeadowinternational.com.
- Lions Club Scholarships (Feb. 23): The Lions Club is hosting a concert at the Hill School on Feb. 23, where it will be giving out $100 scholarship awards. The Lions Club’s Freddy the Fox is also available for booking at events — all proceeds benefit the Lions Club.