Celebrate Father’s Day in Middleburg, Virginia
— Whether you’re looking to share a good meal, enjoy a glass of fine wine or just get away from it all, Middleburg is the perfect destination for Father’s Day. Here we round up some of our favorite picks for ways to celebrate Father’s Day in Middleburg!
Enjoy Some Friendly Competition
- Perfect for dad’s day, test your archery skills against his in a family-friendly competition at Salamander Resort & Spa on June 16 from 1-3 p.m. Competition includes most bullseyes, most balloons popped and a variety of other skillful games. Teams of 2-4. Reservations required. $35 per team. For recreation reservations, please call 540-326-4060.
- Dad won’t be able to over-exaggerate the size of the fish he caught when you test his fishing skills in a Father’s Day fishing tournament at Salamander Resort. Prizes will be awarded for Biggest Fish, Smallest Fish and Most Fish Caught! $10 per pole rental, if needed; live bait provided. Reservations required. For recreation reservations, please call 540-326-4060.
Middleburg’s Wine Country
If your dad enjoys good wine, a trip to Middleburg’s wine country is an excellent choice for Father’s Day. With more than 20 wineries in the Middleburg American Viticultural Area, you’re sure to find one that suits his tastes. Take him our to his favorite Middleburg winery for a tasting, enjoy a glass (or two) of wine together and remember to bring home a bottle, so you can remember the day.
- Grab a picnic table at 50 West for a great day! On Sunday, Andrew O’Day will be playing great music from 1:30-4:30 p.m. as you enjoy beautiful Middleburg views. Hog It Up BBQ will be there from noon-5 p.m., and they’ll be featuring their 2016 Cabernet Franc, which goes great with barbecue!
- Boxwood Winery features blended Bordeaux-style wines, under the direction of internationally acclaimed winemaker Stephane Derenoncourt. The winery is open Friday-Sunday from 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Take dad out to Greenhill Winery & Vineyards. If he needs to de-stress, there’s Vineyasa yoga and wine at 10 a.m. Enjoy one hour of yoga followed by breakfast and mimosas. Held by the pond at the Club House.
Tickets required, $35 per person. Or drop by in the evening to enjoy live music by Shane Gamble from 6-8 p.m.
- Treat dad to a wonderful day at Three Fox Vineyards! All fathers enjoy special discounts! On Saturday, Robbie Limon will be playing live music, Kira Lander with Four Quarter Carpets will be selling beautiful hand-crafted, natural fiber carpets, and Rolling Brick & Dough Pizza will be there Saturday and Sunday. On Sunday, they have Sermons from the Vine at 11 a.m. with Pastor Kim Ciftci, PaintNite alongside the vines, and Mixin’ It Up providing DJ style music.
Buy Something Memorable
Having trouble finding just the right gift for your dad? You’ll find many great gift ideas at Middleburg’s boutiques. Go beyond the standard tie at Highcliffe Clothiers, Country Classics or Richard Allen Clothing. For something unique, try the Artists in Middleburg gallery, Crème de la Crème, The Fun Shop, The Shaggy Ram or Tri-County Feeds, Fashions, Finds, one of hunt country’s most eclectic and unique shopping experiences.
Take a Class Together
- Does your dad find it difficult to take a deep breath? Does he have trouble relaxing? Does he want to improve his endurance? If so, the Yoga & Breath workshop at Salamander Resort & Spa is for him! In this workshop, he’ll explore several different types of yogic breathing techniques as he flows through an all levels, gentle class. He’ll leave feeling centered, energized and relaxed, all at once. Cost: $30 per person. Held June 16 from 11 a.m.-noon. Reservations required; please call 540-326-4060.
- Work with Executive Chef Ryan Arensdorf in a hands-on class at Salamander Resort about preparing and curing meat to be used on the Big Green Egg. Chef Arensdorf will walk each guest through how to control the temperature of this kamado-style ceramic charcoal barbecue cooker and what to look for when smoking proteins. Finish off this perfect outdoor cooking class with a locally-made beer. $79 per person. Reservations required; please call 540-326-4070.
- Move with both Hatha and Kundalini style yoga using noodles and weights, resistance and buoyancy in the spa pool at Salamander Resort during their water yoga class on June 17 at 8:30 a.m. After class, dad can indulge with a delicious smoothie. $45 per person, 90 minutes. Reservations required; please call 540-326-4060.
Treat Dad to a Special Meal
- Chef-owned and operated, Girasole is a fine-dining restaurant that uses only the freshest ingredients to create authentic, regional Italian menus. In the picturesque village of The Plains, Virginia, just minutes from Middleburg, you’ll experience exceptional service, a relaxing European atmosphere, and the highest quality food and wine.
- While enjoying sensational views of the Virginia countryside, feast on Salamander Resort‘s fresh al fresco menu, spoil yourself with their seasonal beverages and take in the sounds of an acoustic guitar all while enjoying the summer sun on their terrace. “Sounds of Salamander” will feature Dave Mininberg and Tom Briner from 4-7 p.m. on Sunday, June 17.
- Set on a 265-acre estate in the heart of Middleburg’s wine and hunt country, Goodstone Inn & Restaurant features state-of-the-art, seasonally-inspired cuisine with a farm-to-table emphasis. The dining room menu offers French Country cuisine and showcases the freshest of vegetables, herbs, micro greens, eggs and lamb from the Farm at Goodstone as well as other local farms. Their wine cellar features a selection of 1,500 bottles from around the world.
- Inspired and staying true to the essence of our location in the Virginia Piedmont, Harrimans‘ menu highlights fresh, seasonal ingredients, captivating farm to table elements with their very own chef’s garden located just outside the restaurant. In a relaxed yet refined setting, guests will enjoy delicious breakfasts and mouth-watering dinners, while overlooking sweeping views of the Virginia countryside, resort stables and distant Bull Run Mountains range. The intimate and private dining room is designed with intricate details to accommodate any meeting or special occasion.
- Treat Dad to a true farm-to-table lunch or dinner featuring organic Ayrshire Farm burgers, heritage breed steaks, and local craft beer at Hunter’s Head Tavern.
- The Red Fox Inn & Tavern is a must-see Virginia landmark offering hearty meals in an historic tavern setting. Established in 1728, this historic fieldstone inn and tavern embodies the Piedmont’s cultural heritage and is inspired by four centuries of Virginia Hunt Country tradition.
Be sure to share your Father’s Day fun with us using #MiddleburgMoment